cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Went from 90 day pay to 30 day pay and rewards are incorrect

ariesrising
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I went from the $25 unlimited province-wide talk/text to the $25 unlimited Canada/text and 1GB data plan. My original plan I paid every 90 days, while the new one is every 30.

I had an autopay reward and a refer a friend reward which should be a total of $3 off per month, but my rewards are showing $6 for autopay and $3 for refer a friend which is the amount for a 90 day plan. It's showing my estimated payment at $16 instead of the $22 it should be for payment next month as part of the 30 day plan.

Can someone look into this for me?

13 REPLIES 13

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am, Community rewards are granted monthly, the other 3 are granted per cycle. The per cycle rewards are reduced from 3x on the 90, to 1x on the 30.  3x30 = 90.

How does this make sense?  Why not grant all rewards every 30 days instead of this mix and match?  I would lose a lot of incentive to downgrade my plan from 90 to 30 days, on top of the flexibility of stretching the data bucket over a longer period of time.  The only convenience is calling outside the province and not having people think I am from Aspen Colorado.  

You don't lose anything.  The full community reward is untouched if you go from 90 to 30 days.  If you go from 30 to 90 day, you'll see the 'estimated' rewards for cycle triple, and the community will stay the same.

Correct! No one loses anything when plan changes to 30 days. They give 3x the rewards for 90 days. If you change to 30 days plan, we earn exactly the same amount of rewards. 

Example, if I were to renew on 90 days plan, I get $6 AutoPay because I will have to wait 90 days. If i were to renew on a 30 days plan, I will get $2. In the span of 3 renewals (90 days), I would get $6. We just earn $2x3. This is exactly the same as what you earn on a 90 days plan.

@will13am wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am, Community rewards are granted monthly, the other 3 are granted per cycle. The per cycle rewards are reduced from 3x on the 90, to 1x on the 30.  3x30 = 90.

How does this make sense?  Why not grant all rewards every 30 days instead of this mix and match?  I would lose a lot of incentive to downgrade my plan from 90 to 30 days, on top of the flexibility of stretching the data bucket over a longer period of time.  The only convenience is calling outside the province and not having people think I am from Aspen Colorado.  

You don't lose anything.  The full community reward is untouched if you go from 90 to 30 days.  If you go from 30 to 90 day, you'll see the 'estimated' rewards for cycle triple, and the community will stay the same.

3x90 = 360.  There are 365 or 366 days in a year.  A year has 12 months, which 7 of them are 31 days, 4 are 30 days, and 1 has 28 or 29.

The time intervals are not equal.  Monthly reards have monthly.  Cycle rewards happen every 30 or 90 days.  They will never match up.

@stonechucker wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@ariesrising,

I've future-dated a plan change to the same 30-day special offer you've selected.  Here's what my Fall 2016 Promo 90-day Overview looks like currently waiting for my renewal date.

And here's what it looks like before I set the change, as you will see, the rewards above (except for community) will be shown 1/3 of the before screenshot (below)

This is a real strange mixture.  I was told that everything is supposed to scale to duration of the next renewal. 

And I'm puzzled as to why the Oracle reward is only $20 in the before shot.

I still think the OP was saying he was getting the triple rewards with a 30 day term. But maybe he was confused.

@stonechucker wrote:

@ariesrising,

I've future-dated a plan change to the same 30-day special offer you've selected.  Here's what my Fall 2016 Promo 90-day Overview looks like currently waiting for my renewal date.

90to30_FallPromotoSO25_1.PNG

And here's what it looks like before I set the change, as you will see, the rewards above (except for community) will be shown 1/3 of the before screenshot (below)

90to30_FallPromotoSO25_2.PNG

This is a real strange mixture.  I was told that everything is supposed to scale to duration of the next renewal. 

@ariesrising,

90to30_FallPromotoSO25_1.PNG

90to30_FallPromotoSO25_2.PNG

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

We have had discussions on this previously.  When on a 90 day cycle, the rewards are "estimated" based on renewing to a 90 day cycle again.  If there is a change to a 30 day cycle, all rewards will reduce accordingly by 1/3.  It does feel like a rip off during the transition period, but it is in accordance with the terms. 

If the switch is still to come (future dated) then the top portion will continue to show the old plan renewal information until the plan change is completed.

You should be seeing $2 for AutoPay and $1 for each friend renewal.

The renewal should take the correct amount for payment as you've described, and change the plan accordingly.

@ooakosiryan wrote:

@ariesrising wrote:

I went from the $25 unlimited province-wide talk/text to the $25 unlimited Canada/text and 1GB data plan. My original plan I paid every 90 days, while the new one is every 30.

I had an autopay reward and a refer a friend reward which should be a total of $3 off per month, but my rewards are showing $6 for autopay and $3 for refer a friend which is the amount for a 90 day plan. It's showing my estimated payment at $16 instead of the $22 it should be for payment next month as part of the 30 day plan.

Have you already switched to the 30 day plan? Or did you future date the switch? I wonder if it's still showing your rewards for your 90 plan, but when it comes time to renew your 30 day plan, it will correct itself. I would wait it out and see what happens when it comes time to renew, because there's a good chance nothing is wrong and it will all work itself out. Let us know if it charges you incorrectly after renewal Smiley Happy

@ariesrising  I would agree with @ooakosiryan  you should take his advice everything should be in order after next renewal has been processed.

ooakosiryan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ariesrising wrote:

Have you already switched to the 30 day plan? Or did you future date the switch? I wonder if it's still showing your rewards for your 90 plan, but when it comes time to renew your 30 day plan, it will correct itself. I would wait it out and see what happens when it comes time to renew, because there's a good chance nothing is wrong and it will all work itself out. Let us know if it charges you incorrectly after renewal Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ariesrising wrote:

Soooo....you're complaining about paying less?

If you like, post a screen snip of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

Need Help? Let's chat.