cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, since nobody else is gonna say it ...

Korth
Mayor / Maire

I'm not particularly impressed with the recent forum software "upgrades".

Maybe it's been phenomenally improved for back-end users - CSAs/MODs, PM staff, Oracles, etc. I don't know.

But it doesn't seem very improved for us normal plebe visitors/users.

There's a few "under the hood" improvements, part of the Khoros/Lithium package update.

I saw a little collection of new avatar images in the user settings.

I saw a few new trivialities in the notification settings and subscription settings.

Everything's been organized a little differently - "streamlined" or "optimized" or "simplified", whatever euphemism you prefer - which is probably good overall, especially for new faces, though (to me) it makes the site seem very business-like, corporate, and impersonal.

And everything's slow, slow, slow. Much, much slower than ever before. Glacial, sluggish, unresponsive, it feels bloaty and lazy on a PC browser, I can't imagine how awful it must be on a mobile browser.

Does anybody else any opinions about the forum changes? Good, bad, ugly? Anything I'm misjudging or might've missed?

92 REPLIES 92

@Korth wrote:

I'm not particularly impressed with the recent forum software "upgrades".

Maybe it's been phenomenally improved for back-end users - CSAs/MODs, PM staff, Oracles, etc. I don't know.

But it doesn't seem very improved for us normal plebe visitors/users.

There's a few "under the hood" improvements, part of the Khoros/Lithium package update.

I saw a little collection of new avatar images in the user settings.

I saw a few new trivialities in the notification settings and subscription settings.

Everything's been organized a little differently - "streamlined" or "optimized" or "simplified", whatever euphemism you prefer - which is probably good overall, especially for new faces, though (to me) it makes the site seem very business-like, corporate, and impersonal.

And everything's slow, slow, slow. Much, much slower than ever before. Glacial, sluggish, unresponsive, it feels bloaty and lazy on a PC browser, I can't imagine how awful it must be on a mobile browser.

Does anybody else any opinions about the forum changes? Good, bad, ugly? Anything I'm misjudging or might've missed?

Nobody has said it?  The Community as a whole has been extremely critical of the changes.  Unless things are fixed, the site in it's current form is almost unusable.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

And still this yucky glaring eye-hurting pinkish-peachish-yellowy-white background, lol. Why do so many websites rudely insist on denying their visitors a pleasant option or two, at least the standard "dark mode" so one can actually see and read the onscreen text when viewing it on a laptop/smartphone screen outdoors?

Need Help? Let's chat.