cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website issues

kujo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I checked my data usage last week and seen that I had only used 1.9GB so I had plenty. Received a text today stating I had used 75%of my data... So I checked my usage again after receiving the text and found it was still only 1.9GB used.

1666824737251.jpg

after trying to use SimonBot to rectify this issue, it kept freezing and didn't have relevant questions to address my issue.

I decided to check my usage again (as pictured below). In doing so I found the website to be completely inaccurate.

Being as I am supposed to be on a 4g plan with 20GB of data. 

1666824649992.jpg

Since changing plans I have had multiple issues with this service....

How are we too check our usage if we can't trust the website to be accurate?

Do I potentially have more data then the 25% remaining according to the text I received?

6 REPLIES 6

even though the website says "updated 1 min ago" this is incorrect. the site doesn't automatically refresh and will not show the correct data usage. one needs to press the refresh button for correct statistics. it has nothing to do with website cache... lol who came up with that?

Furaibo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I recently received 2 text warning about data usage reaching to 75%. One was on 20th which didn't bother me, as it was 3 days before next cycle. However, the next one was yesterday morning, which was just 2 days after new cycle. I checked data usage history last nigth, but it only showed up to 24th. I finally got data usage for 26th this morning & it said I used 205.64MB yesterday morning. I recall I even didn't touch my phone that much at that time frame... After reading this thread, I tried to check My Account in incognito mode, but the result was same... Is there a way for PM to investigate what caused this data usage?

PM_DataUsage_20221027.png

@flong   you used Incognito mode to check your My Account?

Yes, when you got "Sign in to Public Mobile" error, usually it means you are running out of data

PM new My Account have some problem with cache and you might not see the latest usage unless you

1. click Refresh ab the bottom of the Usage box or Add-on box

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/overviewhttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/overview

2. Use Incognito Mode

flong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm having a very similar issue. I checked my account on my phone yesterday to check on the status of data. It says there's plenty of data left on my plan as well as some on a bonus I got last year, but I'm not able to use LTE data.

My phone pops up "Sign in to network Public Mobile". So when I do it just says "Internal Server Error"

I just checked my account on a PC and it says the exact same thing as when I check on my phone.

Also I'm able to call and text normally (including MMS)

Anybody else having this?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Try using computer and not phone to access your account.

Try using different browser. Try Incognito mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Click on little spinner refresh icons lower down.

Yummy_0-1666827076916.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kujo  the site has some cache issue and what you saw might not be up to date 

Try access the page again using Incognito mode, this will give you the latest usage from the server 

Need Help? Let's chat.