cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community rewards

r_chehade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can anyone share how they accumulated $1/month reward by participating in the community. 

17 REPLIES 17

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

the secret is actually very simple. in the past an oracle actually posted the answer. I don't think anyone understood what the post actually meant though 😆

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@r_chehade 

There really isn't a point in having an app and a waste of precious capital to save a couple of steps at most. Given the glitches we get on the basic functions of our self serve accounts and the community itself any extraneous funds available need to be put towards improving the functionality of what already exists rather than something new.

But we appreciate your imput and your participation here. Welcome to the community!

You don't need an app. You already have one. A browser. Connect to the internet, open community page, log in, there's a checkbox at login to keep you logged in, then review postings and answer if you feel like it. Put it down to do other things. Come back and refresh the page and see if anything interests you. This can all be on a handheld device or something more stationary. If you stay logged in and change internet connection and refresh then you might get logged out of the previous session.

r_chehade

Seems like the most logical way at the moment. Thank you for your answers.

@r_chehade you can open ticket with them and suggest.  But again, as explained above, Tekus has little faith with app

To open ticket :

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

r_chehade

How do we get in contact with their staff?

r_chehade

It seems like the best way to keep the community is by having a faster and more accessible forum than on their website. Is there anyway to push for an app as a community?

@r_chehade 

Only PM staff would,  @r_chehade 

@r_chehade very likely NO.  I doubt PM is working on any app

Telus, PM's parent company, does not have much faith in app.  Koodo used to have app but Telus killed it years ago

But with Community now mobile friendly  just make sure you check the "Keep me signed in"  box on the login page.   Then bookmark and save the shortcut on your phone's home screen and it will act like an app

r_chehade

So does anyone one what the previous formula was?

@r_chehade wrote:

Hello,

I find it hard to always remember to log into my public Mobile account everyday to monitor discussions. It would be so convenient to have a Public Mobile App, to remain logged in and constantly be able to participate live into discussions. Anyone have any idea on wether Public Mobile is working on an app?

I can't say never, but I believe that an app of any kind in the near future from Public Mobile to be extremely unlikely.  The software used for this message forum wasn't developed in-house.

I wonder too,  @computergeek541 , if #'s of posts do anything. 

I suppose one could 'test' that by posting gibberish to every single question (but that would require a certain Oracle to not relegate the nonsense posts to the archive bin) 🤣

r_chehade

Hello,

I find it hard to always remember to log into my public Mobile account everyday to monitor discussions. It would be so convenient to have a Public Mobile App, to remain logged in and constantly be able to participate live into discussions. Anyone have any idea on wether Public Mobile is working on an app?

@HALIMACS wrote:

It's a combination (secret recipe) of:

• Posting questions
  • Replying to others 
  • Bravoing others and getting bravos
  • Having your reply getting accepted as a solution

You're right that it's a secret.  I have my doubts as to whether posts themselves or even solutions do anything any longer.  The formula has been changed compared to a past formula.

r_chehade

We're you able to get community rewards?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

It's a combination (secret recipe) of:

• Posting questions
  • Replying to others 
  • Bravoing others and getting bravos
  • Having your reply getting accepted as a solution

@r_chehade wrote:

Can anyone share how they accumulated $1/month reward by participating in the community. 

It's about participating and contributing in a way that helps other members.  The allocation of these Community rewards/points is at the sole descretion of Public Mobile.  The exact method that Public Mobile uses to determine this has not been disclosed.

Need Help? Let's chat.