cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website didn't load properly for more than two weeks-until now...

pharaohpeter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So, I was actively participating and helping others in the community, but I was not able to continue due to the website not loading properly.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos of the page, but it looked like an HTML page.

Anyone else have this problem lately? Perhaps it was a problem with their servers? Or maybe just my internet? I was using firefox; I'm surprised if that was the problem.

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Naepalm wrote:

@Anonymous I notice several times I answer a thread that says the person posted 15 seconds or 30 seconda ago with no response. Then Ill respond to it and 10 people have responded lol I figure it out as soon as Input an @ sign in. 

Ah. Yes. My Android does that. I refresh. Nothing. Reply. Post. "10 people". I find if I reload the page it somehow refreshes better than just refresh.

The laptop doesn't do that. It refreshes, it refreshes.

I put it down to the browser. Not the site. ie...the topic.

@Anonymous I notice several times I answer a thread that says the person posted 15 seconds or 30 seconda ago with no response. Then Ill respond to it and 10 people have responded lol I figure it out as soon as Input an @ sign in. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

FF on W10 laptop no problems. The notifications seem a little persnickety on occasion but never a problem with the rest.

FF on A8 no problems.

@pharaohpeter 

Hearing @Naepalm  experience and @Staliger  very different experience from ours possibly the issues (except the slow site) lie in our devices. The rare time I use my phone I have no issues with the site. It's only on my tablet that I face significant problems.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@pharaohpeter that's strange. I use both Firefox and Chrome and never faced such issue. Did you try other browsers or reinstalling Firefox? 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@pharaohpeter I used Brave browser which runs similar to google chrome. 

But blocks scripts and adds. Once in a while, I will get the red screen with an HTML warning that the page did not work. 

The site is super funky I don't have the same issues anywhere else. Maybe they just need to do a maintenance update. 

@pharaohpeter 

The community is slow at the best of times. I mostly use Firefox but I get signed out and unable to log back in for 10 mins to all day....and just as suddenly after going to do something I'll come back to being signed in like nothing happened.

This past week as I go thru my notifications after every 3 or 4 the whole page will disappear and tell me to post to get them. A few minutes later its back. It's never boring......

Clearing your browser history, using only one tab, rebooting your device can all help. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox a few times as well.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pharaohpeter Often slow but always works. Chrome & Safari; normal or incognito. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@pharaohpeter , this website can be pretty slow to load.  Generally, it does work.  The software does have some quirks and so updates can fix one thing and break another.  This is typical.  

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I use Chrome, slow loading but OK.

Need Help? Let's chat.