cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: Long Distance Charges May Apply

jlarocque96
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When dialing out to areas that may or may not be considered long distance I am getting a notice that "Please wait while I connect your call, long distance charges may apply". I assume this is like the old TELUS warning when I use to have a landline. With Bell, there was no delay and the phone dialed out instantly. 

I have Canada wide calling and haven't called anyone outside Canada.

So my question is:

How can I remove this warning before dialing out. It slows down the call about 5 - 10 seconds and I find it a bit cumbersome. I understand that the warning has its purpose and for many people they may appreciate it,  but I am just looking for an option to disable it. 

Thank you in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2

irishman4
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello.....Still annoying ....Telus should work to remove it............ Thanks for  your help...been looking for months to remove this annoying.....message.........................Regards..........

@jlarocque96 wrote:

When dialing out to areas that may or may not be considered long distance I am getting a notice that "Please wait while I connect your call, long distance charges may apply". I assume this is like the old TELUS warning when I use to have a landline. With Bell, there was no delay and the phone dialed out instantly. 

I have Canada wide calling and haven't called anyone outside Canada.

So my question is:

How can I remove this warning before dialing out. It slows down the call about 5 - 10 seconds and I find it a bit cumbersome. I understand that the warning has its purpose and for many people they may appreciate it,  but I am just looking for an option to disable it. 

Thank you in advance. 

Dial 1 or +1 before the phone number to avoid the message. The reason for hearing this message is because the call really is long distance, regardless of it already being inlcuded in your plan. There is no way to actually disable the message if you are not at least dialing a 1 before any long distance call. This is controlled by Telus.

Need Help? Let's chat.