cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want new cell

utopiadawn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello hope I can ask this. I want a newer to me cell phone. Mine is over 4 yrs old. How hard would it be to activate a new phone as long as it is compatible. Is it as simple and just taking out my Sim card from my current phone and putting it in my new one

6 REPLIES 6

utopiadawn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks..

LOL... 4 years old!

That is approximately the age of the new to me phone that I typically hope to inherit from daughter/son in law! I know, I am more “Trailing Edge” than “Leading Edge”!

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@utopiadawn : The SIM you have, if micro and you need nano, the nano can be carefully snapped out of the micro. These SIM's are tri-punch.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Most phones use a nano SIM.  Depending if your previous sim is the same size then you can swap the sim.  If your previous phone uses a larger sim size maybe a micro sim then you would need to purchase a new sim.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@utopiadawn  yes, just a SIM swap.

SIM might comes in different size, older phone could be using the bigger one.  Depends if your original SIM, if your SIM is the bigger one and can't be converted into the smaller one, you might have to get a new SIM for around $10 and submit a SIM swap request

(of course, you will have to do a data transfer yourself between the 2 phones)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@utopiadawn : Exactly as simple as that. The phone doesn't get activated per se. It's all about the SIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.