cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

gasparxi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good Afternoon, 

Hope you are having a good weekend so far. 

I just had a question about voicemail notifications, I never get a notification that I have a voicemail anymore which pops up in the notification center as "New Voicemail" since I switched over to Public Mobile from Koodo on my iPhone XR. All that would happen is I would have a permanent badge of a voicemail notification regardless if I had a voicemail or not, but I ended up figuring out how to get rid of that. Now I have no idea if I have a voicemail or not because theres no notification as well as there is no badges.

If there is a fix for this I would love to know as it's important for work. 

Thank you, 

Matthew 

9 REPLIES 9

@Handy1 wrote:

@will13am  I believe that too , but have had others here correct me that are also more knowledgeable then I am so , that’s all I can a say about that other then updating my iOS to 16.3.1 worked for me 

After I updated iPhone 8 plus to iOS 16.3.1, the red dot was still on after I listened to voicemail. I rebooted the phone, the red dot was gone.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@gasparxi   this has been a problem with some people on different OS and different carrier.  While carrier might help, but I don't think it is carrier related. (Check internet and you will see so many people has this badge notification problem on different carrier) 

Try to Reset all networks and update Carrier profile on your iPhone

If that does not help, try to submit a help ticket with CS agent and ask them to reset your voicemail from their end

To me, it is best effort on the carrier side

@gasparxi 

Then it could be a provisional issue with your SIM and you will need the help of a CS_Agent to look into it. Create a ticket on SIMon Chatbot bottom of page or private message them on envelope icon top of page. 

gasparxi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

All notifications are on, up to date on software, reset network settings, and restarted my phone but still no luck. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@gasparxi 

Did you check to see if Notifications are enabled on your Settings?

Check Settings>Phone>enable Allow Notifications.

The latest iOS is 16.3.1 so go to check in Settings>General>Software Updates.

@will13am  I believe that too , but have had others here correct me that are also more knowledgeable then I am so , that’s all I can a say about that other then updating my iOS to 16.3.1 worked for me 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Notification settings are controlled at the phone level, not by the network.  If there are connectivity issues, try doing a network reset.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@gasparxi  some believe it’s  a iOS issue or carrier issue and your not the first to post about this ,, there’s no certain way to ensure it works at the moment 

Need Help? Let's chat.