cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

BruceEveleigh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

With my previous provider I would get a text message to notify me that a voice message was waiting for me. Can I get that with Public Mobile?

11 REPLIES 11

@BruceEveleigh wrote:

Selecting "Allow" permits private callers to leave messages, but doesn't give me the chance to pick up and speak with them. They are not blocked, true, because they are allowed to get through to my voicemail and leave a message, but I don't have the option to intercept their call and speak with them before they are directed to voicemail. Have you found a way to configure YouMail so that the phone rings a number of times before voicemail cuts in, giving the recipient an opportunity to answer the call personally? Thanks for your patience on this topic.

It sounds like you may have mistakenly used the "unconditional" call forwarding, which forwards all calls immediately without ringing your phone for a time beforehand.

To undo the "UNconditional" call forwarding, dial ##21#.

Then, to set the three conditional forwards dial: *004*14388002666#

Now, to adjust the amount of time your phone rings unanswered before forwarding to the voicemail, dial the following code, followed by an amount of time anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds, in 5 second increments. In this example, I've specified 30 seconds:

*61*14388002666**30#

Good luck!

BruceEveleigh

Selecting "Allow" permits private callers to leave messages, but doesn't give me the chance to pick up and speak with them. They are not blocked, true, because they are allowed to get through to my voicemail and leave a message, but I don't have the option to intercept their call and speak with them before they are directed to voicemail. Have you found a way to configure YouMail so that the phone rings a number of times before voicemail cuts in, giving the recipient an opportunity to answer the call personally? Thanks for your patience on this topic.

@BruceEveleigh wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion about YouMail, but unfortunately it didn't work out for me. I need an app that will allow "Private Callers" to phone me and not get blocked automatically. What I'm looking for is something that will put up some sort of notification that I have received a voice message from a missed caller, not an app that blocks calls.

By the way, Public Mobile is in fact on their list, and their program doesn't seem to work if you choose a different provider from the list.

If the Public Mobile option doesn't work, try choosing Rogers. It might give you an alternate set of numbers to try programing. Really I think the choice of carrier just changes what config instructions and phone number they give you is... as such, try this number that works for me: 438-800-2666

Set all 3 conditional forwards at once by dialing: *004*14388002666# - and hopefully that gets it to pass their test!  (##004# to undo/reset back to public mobile voicemail service)

Indeed YouMail blocks "Private Callers" by default, but you can change this if you login to the website, then Under Settings>Greetings>Private Numbers:

YouMailPrivate.PNG

Choose "Allow"

This is how I have set mine, and I get notifications of all callers, including those that don't leave ANY message. Even if they hang up before the greeting has finished playing.

Hope this helps!

BruceEveleigh

Thanks for your suggestion about YouMail, but unfortunately it didn't work out for me. I need an app that will allow "Private Callers" to phone me and not get blocked automatically. What I'm looking for is something that will put up some sort of notification that I have received a voice message from a missed caller, not an app that blocks calls.

By the way, Public Mobile is in fact on their list, and their program doesn't seem to work if you choose a different provider from the list.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@BruceEveleigh wrote:

With my previous provider I would get a text message to notify me that a voice message was waiting for me. Can I get that with Public Mobile?

Hi @BruceEveleigh - Public Mobile voicemail is bare bones. You will see a "Message Waiting Indicator" when there is new voicemail, but no SMS notifications.

However, Public Mobile gives us full control over the conditional call forward settings that are by default set to their voicemail deposit numbers. This allows you to direct your unanswered calls to any alternative service. I highly recommend a free account at YouMail: https://www.youmail.com/

Have any voicemails sent to you by email, with a sound file attachment and 20 per month also with text transcription. Don't even need to install any app. Then the voicemails (including junk voicemails) are easy to delete like any other email. Also makes it easy to get your voicemails if your phone is off, or you are out of the coverage area, country, etc.

All you have to do is reprogram the three conditional call forward settings to the number they provide you in the setup instructions. (Busy/blocked/declined, unanswered, and unavailable/off network). I don't believe Public Mobile shows in their provider list, so just choose Telus or Rogers and it will work fine. In my case I was given a Montreal number to set.

So basically all the benefits of "Visual Voicemail" that most other higher tiers charge for, but better and free.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

No fancy stuff at PM. No SMS when you have voice mail. Only indicator on your phone.

You can access vmail either from your mobile - directly (uses your outgoing minutes) or from any any other phone (enter mailbox, pin, etc. if you are on limited outgoing minutes plan).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

yeah your right just is coming only at Notification you have a voicemail,

my mistake sorry that for another company is come to SMS,

my apologies..

@Anonymous wrote:

@BruceEveleigh 

Yes will come to your SMS message, when someone put it to you a Voicemail

and do you Set Up Voicemail visit Here link.. 

Public Mobile doesn't send a text message to customers about new voicemail.

@BruceEveleigh wrote:

Sorry, but no, this is not an option.  Public Mobile does not send a text message informing you of a new voice message being received. I do realize that that are phones are notififed of this message through the SMS protocol, but this is a hidden message, and no text message will be seen by the customer.  To find out which phone number someone left you a message from, you'll need to check your messages.

In addition, Public Mobile does not have any SMS/text messages missed called alert service for when someone calls you but your phone wasn't connected to the celluar network.

Your phone will still inform you of a new voice messages. However, you won't get a text message about it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BruceEveleigh 

Yes will come to your SMS message, when someone put it to you a Voicemail

and do you Set Up Voicemail visit Here link.. 

update @BruceEveleigh 

is only coming at Notification you have a voicemail,

my mistake sorry that for another company is come to SMS,

my apologies..

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You should always get a notice when a new voice mail comes in your Voice mail inbox. VM notification will not disappear until you listen the voice mail.

Need Help? Let's chat.