cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Issues

KenerV
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good Morning

In the past month, whenever I attempt to access my voicemail, it tells me that I am unable to make the call because I do not have an active long distance add-on. I have never had this issue before - I have always been able to access my voicemails and I have not made any changes to my plan or add-ons. Any solutions??

Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15

jefeldman17

I am asked to indicate a prompt, i.e. 1 for new messages, and it's not working. Any idea why? 

If I remember correctly, the +1 is just the N American designation for a telephone number in the IS and Canada, and I believe Mexico...  I do not know about the Caribbean.  

Having only the 1, forces a long distance call, even on a local call, where as the +1 connects immediately on the correct LD/ local system.... so so it has been my experience.

The default voicemail phone number is usually a local call for most subscribers I would imagine, but if I were in Windsor Ontario, and calling a Toronto based voicemail server (519) —> (416) for example, if the number is setup without either the 1 or +1, I would hear The your call is long distance, and charges may apply.  With the +1, the call completes normally.  With 1, it also completes normally, as it was a properly dialed LD call.

Was it possible the +1 at the start of the number is the one that kept doing this issues. 

Anyway good to see the problem is fixed.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So happy the Community was able to help. 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Glad you got this resolved, @KenerV.

If anyone needs a local voicemail access number, please reference this posting.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

closng

Excellent, happy to help!

KenerV

It's working, thank you so much!

closng

Hi @KenerV,

These are the settings I found on the net to get to the voicemail settings:

1. Tap Phone.

2. Tap MORE.
3. Tap Settings.
4. Tap Voicemail settings.
5. Tap Voicemail number.

Alternatively, once you're in the settings, try searching for "voicemail" and see what pops up.

Once you're in the voicemail settings, you can update the voicemail number. The voicemail number is regional but if you are in Ontario, you can try adding: +16475804001 or +16475804002.

KenerV

@closng I have a Samsung Galaxy S6. 

closng

@KenerV that is good to hear. What phone do you have? Maybe we can help point you to the voicemail settings.

KenerV

@closng, It works when I dial my own number, thanks! I imagine @stonechucker is right that it has to do with my voicemail settings, I just can't seem to find them :P. At least I can access my voicemail now though!

closng

@KenerV, have you tried dialing your own phone number to see if you are able to get to your voicemail? If you are, it might be something to do with the number set up on your phone to dial the voicemail number.

@KenerV, I've just checked my settings, and the voicemail number for me is setup as +1226XXXYYYY, meaning it's dialing a +1 before the actual voicemail number.

Does your voicemail call setting have this also?

KenerV

@will13am I have just been tapping on my new voicemail notifications, which then dials voicemail. I just attempted your method (long press 1) and I am getting the same results. I have not been having issues with any other calls. Thank you very much for your advice, I have emailed the moderator team. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@KenerV, how are you dialing voice mail on your phone, are you calling yourself, using actual voice mail number?  My preference is to long press 1 on the dialer.  If you are not having issues with making and receiving calls otherwise, I suggest sending a private message to the moderator team and have them look into the matter.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.