cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail

janderson4444
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My voice mail is not working. When I call there is nothing after the connection. Those calling me hear my recording and leave a VM but when I use the public number to call (bc I can’t do it the other way) it says I don’t have any voice mails. Ive restarted my phone and did the most recent software update and still nothing. Any help would be great. Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

janderson4444

Found a solution. Thanks everyone 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@janderson4444 

A family user had voicemail issues, I recommended they use the Reset Voicemail Password option here, in your self-serve, give it a try.

Then try holding down the '1' key on your device to use/access the voicemail system.

HALIMACS_0-1650405839550.png

HI @janderson4444   maybe try this.

Use a landline (or another phone) to call yourself and leave a voicemail.  Then hang up

Use the same landline to call yourself again to check voicemail that way, press * to  then follow the prompt to see if you can get the text VM you just left 

janderson4444

I don’t transfer my number 

janderson4444

I didn’t change my number 

@janderson4444 

I don’t think you can access your old voice message for your old number if you changed to a new number.

@janderson4444 wrote:

No I have t transferred my number and yes when I press the 1 nothing happens. I updated a new public voicemail number someone suggested and I could retrieve an older VM but not the recent test one 

@janderson4444  -

No, you transferred your number recently?

Or, no, your old sim card is not working?

Are all incoming calls ringing on your phone otherwise. If not, I was going to suggest to check the previous provider's SIM card in a device to see if the voicemail went to that one. 

This may mean the port is still in process, or it is stuck if over 2-3 hours for a cell phone, or more than 3-7 days for a landline/voip.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you forward calls anywhere? If not then use ##004# in your dialer and the forwarding should get reset to Public numbers.

Then for the press and hold 1 you need to change the voicemail number in dialer options. You could check the above while there before you use the code above.

janderson4444

No I have t transferred my number and yes when I press the 1 nothing happens. I updated a new public voicemail number someone suggested and I could retrieve an older VM but not the recent test one 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you transfer your number recently? Is your old sim still working?

When you press and hold the 1 key on the dialer do you just get the nothing you mention. But you can get to it using something like 1-778-580-4001?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@janderson4444  - has your voicemail ever worked?

Try performing a reset of your device's network settings. Does that help?

If you never set up your voicemail yet, see this article to do so: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

If still issues, and you have a voicemail contact in your contacts of your phone, delete it, then readd one in this list. You may add one that is local to you if you wish:

Voicemail Access Numbers:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

Need Help? Let's chat.