cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail not working.

Kawsarmirdha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

image.pngI ported my number. Everything works perfectly except for the voicemail. I use unlocked iPhone 6s. When I press the voicemail button it say "Failed". The same thing happens when I dial my number to reach the voicemail box. HELP!!

17 REPLIES 17

Claude14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks resolved my problem, much appreciated.  

Kawsarmirdha
Glad to help. You are welcome. By the way i had iphone 6s when i had the problem.

celery

Hi Kawsarmirdha,

Thanks for the message, that code you posted is exactly what I needed to input to get my voicemail button working correctly, appreciate the help.

Kawsarmirdha
Hi celery.

This needs admins help. They need to configure mailbox from the other side. Then you might be able to configure your mail by dailing *5005*86*1(your number)#

You have let the admin/moderators know about your situation. Shazia K helped me.

celery

I'm having the same issue where my port was successful, I'm able to call and receive calls but when using my iphone 6s and click on voicemail it says failed. Also tried pressing and holding 1, same issue. Can you please let me know how to fix this issue.

Thanks!

anguyen

set up voice mail 

1+ phone number  then following options will work fine . 

I had same problem before , good luck.

Kawsarmirdha
Its alright, happens. The tech guy said every SIM card gets programmed to the voicemail but my one was not for some reason. He did something in the background then I had dial *5005*86*1mynumber# to configure my voicemail.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kawsarmirdha wrote:

Thanks guys. tech support took care of it.

Oh good, please ignore my previous question @Kawsarmirdha.  Glad you got a resolution.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

My apologies, @Kawsarmirdha, I must not have been very awake this morning when I posted that.  Normally when I'm not sure which pronoun is the correct one, I say he/she or his/her or just they or there, but for some reason I got that wrong. 

Have you been able to confirm the voice mail access number programmed in your phone is correct for PM and not the number for your previous carrier?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Kawsarmirdha

Thanks guys. tech support took care of it.

Kawsarmirdha

Thanks @srlawren for the info. btw  its "him" not "her"

@Kawsarmirdha 😞

will send you a private message shortly, please take a look. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Kawsarmirdha
Applied troubleshooting Shazia mentioned. Didn't work.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

hehe @srlawren thanks 🙂 all thanks to @Luddite for his excellent post!

For @Kawsarmirdha, I had done some troubleshooting just waiting for him to confirm but what you said is right. Perhaps, @Kawsarmirdha can verify this for us? 

Thanks @srlawren 😛

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

Hi @Shazia_K, I love how you're now including @Luddite's excellent private message primer!   I wonder:  could @Kawsarmirdha's issue be that her iPhone may have the VM access number programmed for her previous provider?  

Hello @Kawsarmirdha

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

I'm sorry to see that you are having issue with your voicemail feature. 

I will take a look into this, can you please send me your Public Mobile phone number via private message?

Thanks,

Shazia

*Not sure how to send me or see private messages? Click here

Kawsarmirdha

I ported my number. Everything works perfectly except for the voicemail. I use unlocked iPhone 6s. When I press the voicemail button it says "Failed". The same thing happens when I dial my number to reach the voicemail box. HELP!!

Need Help? Let's chat.