cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail goes to my e-mail :-)

BAL
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It might be old news for some of you but it is new (and good) news for me. I read in the Ideas Forum about a month ago that @ckl has suggested to forward voicemails to the email address of the owner of the account. As a new member of PM, I was very pleased to discover that this suggestion has been implemented! I thank you CKL to propose it and thank you to PM to have make it happened.

11 REPLIES 11

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @BAL. Sorry for the late reply. @7789849803 is correct. It's your VOIP service that has the voicemail and sending you the email. My VOIP service does the same thing.

If you would like to have this implemented then please upvote it in the ideas section if haven't already done so. But looking in that forum, there are probably more deserving ideas that should be implemented first - like the refund policy and the call back support IMHO.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @BAL,

I confess. Bob and Sue on the Mother Ship were testing your line to determine its characteristics. You'll be pleased to know that they gave it an "A" rating. Had it been Public Mobile's, "A" would have been increased to "A+". (I speak very favourably to them about PM.)

Cheers.

BAL

Sorry @7789849803, I did not view your reply, indeed it is coming from them. So you are right. I hope that PM will offer the same service to all PM members.

Nothing strange about it, @BAL. Please see my last post above. The emails are coming from Fongo, not PM.

BAL

Wow! This is strange. The email (containing the voicemail) is coming from "#number of the caller@crazyum01.worldline.ca" located in Toronto. So, who use this service, is it PM or Fongo, I don't know...

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

I just called my PM number from another phone. The voicemail system hasn't changed, though I would love to receive either an audio file or an emailed indicator of voicemail awaiting me. (I use 3 phones, but only one is equipped with a SIM card.)

FYI.

@BAL Did the email come from an email address in the format <callers-phone-number>@crazyum01.worldline.ca ? If so, it was sent from Fongo, and that's where your caller left the voicemail.

BAL

That is what happened. I got the voicemail on my phone and in my email! But you might be right, who sent me the voicemail to my email? Fongo or PM? That's worth a little investigation from my part. When I have the answer, I will let you know for sure.

@BAL I don't think such voicemail would have been left on your PM phone number. If you use Fongo, that could possibly be the number where the voicemail was left (Fongo does offer such a feature).

Or I could be mistaken, and this could really be a new feature that PM released without announcing. But that seems unlikely.

BAL

I discovered that by accident. Somebody called me, I could not answer and next think, I got an email with the voicemail message. I use Data only (VoIP) so I don't know if it is limited to only this service but it worked for me... 🙂

Vakshwell

How do you find it works, if you don't mind me asking? I didn't realize voicemail to email was a possibility. I guess I'm really behind on the times but how does it even work? 😯

Need Help? Let's chat.