cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Mail inaccessible

GretchenH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't reach voice mail by clicking the icon on my phone and clicking call voice mail.

I can reach my voice mail by dialling my own number but if I press one and hold it or click the voice mail icon on my iphone, I see a message that my voice mail is calling- but it is not, nothing happens.

Thanks for your help!

8 REPLIES 8

@GretchenH   we are happy as long as your issue is resolved  🙂

GretchenH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for all of your suggestions. The voice mail icon mysteriously started functioning again without a reset. Unfortunately I can't credit any of the approaches suggested as I didn't get a chance to try them. It is an iphone, btw.

@softech- How certain are you that it also resets the voicemail access number? The forwarding yes. But the access number?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@GretchenH   you can also dial  ##004#  to reset all forward and reset the vm back to the default VM number

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you dial 1-778-580-4001 and see if you get to voicemail? Are you able to make other calls? Maybe try a restart.

Also try dialing

*5005*86*17785804001#

and see if that sets the access number.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@GretchenH , is it possible that favorites has replaced speed dial?  When I check online, I see these various options.

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2022/04/04/how-to-speed-dial-iphone/

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

What phone do you have?

Usually it is press and '1' on dial. I am not aware on any 'voice mail icon', at least I do not have that on my android

phone

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@GretchenH 

Is it possible you're out of minutes (if on the $15 plan)?

If not, contact a Customer Support Agent for help.

But first, try calling your number from ANOTHER device, (don't answer it...), then during the recorded message announcement, press the * key, then enter your voicemail password.   Can you access it that way?

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.