cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLte

RJR
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have a factory unlocked Moto G Power 2020 edition, which according to the manufacturer, is VoLte enabled.  It has Andoid 11 installed.  No VoLte option shows in settings, whereas on a newer Moto G Play, there is an option to enable VoLte.  Any ideas please?

10 REPLIES 10

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dcliveca--1 yes, all of the Apple devices have VoLTE and WiFi calling indicated.  The only CPO Android devices for sale with VoLTE support appear to be the Moto G Pure/Power and a ZTE special.  😂

dcliveca--1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Get a load of this - All pre-owned Samsung phones for sale on the PM website including S10/S10+/S20 FE when you "Check out the specs" indicates the following:

Calling Features:  Not VoLTE Capable

Sounds like PM not even whitelisting the phones they sell themselves.  

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RJR welcome to the "PM has not whitelisted my VoLTE compatible phone" club!  Membership seems to be growing. 😉

There are two issues here: 1) is your account provisioned for VoLTE; 2) is your phone on the PM whitelist

I/we cannot say for sure if your accounts have been provisioned yet, but we do know your phones are almost guaranteed not be on the PM whitelist.  

Telus, Koodo and PM all seem to have their own lists/tools to check, with PM having the worst/most sparten of the three.  Below is the IMEI whitelist over at Koodo prepaid for supported VoLTE Moto devices...just to give you an idea of potential possibilities.  Neither your 2020 G Power nor the G Play are listed there.  I have personally seen the G Play 2021 working with VoLTE over on Koodo for a short time before IMS registration was yanked.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/volte-koodo-prepaid

Moto_volte_koodo.jpg

If you have or know someone with a VoLTE working device, you can try swapping our SIM into it and see if VoLTE works.  If it does, you know your account is provisioned and the current whitelisting is holding you back.  If so, it becomes a waiting game to see if/when PM loosens the whitelist.

Also check out and subscribe to softech's VoLTE thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/VoLTE-Phone-Compatibility-Community-membe...

@softech we have another few devices here to be updated on the not working list...

Which is a lie. Like mine. It has and supports volte. They just need to enable it. But they seem to be being intentionally selective. Which sucks.

RJR

Thank you...Telus site says "your phone will not work on the Telus VoLTE network."  I wonder why.

RJR

Signed up for 2 lines with Public Mobile over 3 years ago, and still here.

RJR

Thank you for your advice.  Shoes IMS as not activated.  Same on my Moto G Play, which has visible option to enable VoLTE.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Some phones showed that toggle even without being enabled. The device needs to be enabled by the provider.

When did you sign up here (if you're here)?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@RJR , there is a good chance this phone will work.  Try checking on the Telus site whether the hardware is whitelisted or not.  If the phone is whitelisted, use hidden menu *#*#4636#*#* to check VoLTE status of your account (phone information, IMS service status).  

https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/how-to-use-volte

RJR

Further info...I thought that when I bought my Moto G Power new, it showed  the VoLte option, but at that time  Public Mobile did not support it.

Need Help? Let's chat.