cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE

Gerry_P
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Does anyone know if VoLTE is active in Thunder Bay, Ontario yet? 

9 REPLIES 9

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Gerry_P wrote:

Okay I opened my Network Cell Info Lite app and placed a call. The connection info shows LTE+ Telus Band 2 while the call is active. Previously it would show HSPA during a call which I guess is 3G?

Sounds to me like your VoLTE is working!  Congrats and especially since this is with an overseas Poco X4 Pro!

Hey @softech looks like we have another working VoLTE model for your compatibility thread! 😁

Yes that's the toggle. All good so far. Can you go to the screen mentioned and then make a call and view the screen to see if that line mentioned changes. And also look for mention of IMS registered or not.

Gerry_P

Screenshot_2023-04-04-18-01-04-502_com.android.phone-edit.jpg

So probably. If your settings menu is anything like mine, as suggested above, can you go into settings, about phone, status information, sim card status - and look for mention of IMS. Then for extra score, make a call and check the Mobile voice network type line to see if it changes.

Gerry_P

Okay I opened my Network Cell Info Lite app and placed a call. The connection info shows LTE+ Telus Band 2 while the call is active. Previously it would show HSPA during a call which I guess is 3G?

Screenshot_2023-04-04-17-45-31-384_com.wilysis.cellinfolite-edit.jpg

Gerry_P

Phone is a POCO X4 Pro. VoLTE is enabled in the mobile settings. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Gerry_P 

If your phone is VoLTE compatible, it will show LTE on the top of your phone but check your Cellular Data Option and enable LTE if it is turned off.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gerry_P what phone do you have??

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Gerry_P 

VoLTE is being rolled out in account "bunches" not by location. You need to check by either making a call to see if your mobile voice network type changes to 3G in your Settings>>About Phone>>Sim card status or check if it's provisioned in your "secret" menu on an android phone by dialing  *#*#INFO#*#*.

Need Help? Let's chat.