cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa debit can't be used to pay my bill

JesseDenny
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tried all the solutions I could find online and called my bank to see if there was any issues there. have been in contact with the mods and was told the issue was resolved I tried to use my debit card and it still refuses to accept it . I'm at a loss on what to do. The mod was nice that I spoke to but its painful trying to get this fixed when communication only occurs every few hours 

8 REPLIES 8

@JesseDenny when you get your debit card fixed don't rely on auto-pay.. it's not worth the headache. if you still qualify for auto-pay, because your card is still on file. just top up your account with vouchers or the instant top up method.

JesseDenny
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm with scotia . Autopay worked fine for two months I didnt realize my bill wasn't paid and couldn't use data . Logged into self serve and tried to manually pay wouldn't work either 😕 

KatMen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is odd because I use my visa debit to pay. I bank with RBC. Where I work I run into this sometimes. My terminal here will accept some and decline others. Usually CIBC is declined. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@JesseDenny wrote:

Tried all the solutions I could find online and called my bank to see if there was any issues there. have been in contact with the mods and was told the issue was resolved I tried to use my debit card and it still refuses to accept it . I'm at a loss on what to do. The mod was nice that I spoke to but its painful trying to get this fixed when communication only occurs every few hours 

@JesseDenny try clearing your browser and cache, make sure to use google chrome. I would try making a payment with it before registering and see if that works. Like, apply 1.00.

Make sure the address you have in your profile is the same as on file with your bank. Same postal code etc. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@JesseDenny Clear your browser history, go to private/incognito mode, and try again to add it. When entering your debit/credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement (capitalize all if necessary);
2. Leave the apartment field blank. If applicable, enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address;
3. Enter your postal code without spaces (if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

As suggested by @gpixel you can use vouchers from retail stores or online services. Some vouchers take up to 24 hours to activate.

1. Xoom
  2. Recharge
  3. Ding

vouchers.jpg

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@JesseDenny you can buy some vouchers or run to esso and get a instant top up.

instant top up-01.jpeg

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@JesseDenny wrote:

@JesseDenny , are you trying to register it for autopay for the first time?  I have heard some people having an issue with it not registering when they are initially signing up for autopay but have been able to register another credit card then go in and change it to their Visa Debit.  If you already have autopay established and trying to change it and still getting errors sorry not sure what to recommend.  Using your browser in incognito/private mode.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.