cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile and Fido offer $45/4GB Alberta-only promo plans

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Interesting.....$45/4gig plan in Alberta to compete with Public Mobile. I didn't even know PM had an Alberta promotion. I thought is was only Ontario. Maybe that changed?

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/09/22/virgin-fido-45-4gb-alberta-only/

9 REPLIES 9

Michael77

Let's hope so.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I've never seen such quick flash sales and matching from these guys...perhaps we finally have some competition?

Michael77

@NDesai,

Got it. Thanks. 🙂

@Michael77 wrote:

@NDesai,

That is possible. But this promotion was confirmed by Rogers.

I am not saying this is deal isn't live. All i am trying to say is that it is NOT matching the PM deal with those specific restrictions, and yet, they say they are answering to PM's promo deal. If they wanted to fully match the deal, offer it to everyone in Canada including new and existing customers. 

Michael77

@NDesai

"Rogers also reached out to MobileSyrup to let us know that the carriers’ Fido flanker brand is offering a similar deal." 

Michael77

@NDesai,

That is possible. But this promotion was confirmed by Rogers.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I don't understand how VM is matching PM deal. PM promo suppose to be ON only, but it was available to everyone including new and existing customers. VM is restricting the deal to AB only and new customers only. So how is this matching exactly? 

MobilySyrup is reporting some info wrong. They get pretty much everything from RFD. Someone comments and they would chip it in. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Don't you just love these targeted promos.  I am still looking for one targeted just for me.  If I could help tailor promo, taking 50% off and doubling usage would be just about right.

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes that plan is pretty good, but Public Mobile in my own opinion has a better plan and just recently got Canadas fastest network(Telus). There are lots of benefits with public, for example loyalty discountfor $1 off every year. $3 off for a friend as well as commenting here frequently to get discounts. Ever since I've been with public i got $7 off for just spending time on the community and helping fellow people. 

Need Help? Let's chat.