cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very disappointed (not what you think)

TE0991
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I would just like to say that I am very disappointed. Not about public mobile or about their customer service, quite the opposite in fact, but about all the super negative posts and comments going on in this forum.

Like many others I had some issues today setting up my account and getting things working properly. After some reading and a couple posts I contacted one of the mods for help. I PATIENTLY waited for a reply and with a few polite messages back and forth the problem was sorted in no time. My account is fixed. I have perfect service again. And my number successfully ported over within a matter of a couple hours.

This is an online based service. It is not perfect. If you want a call center to yell at when things don't go your way you're going to have to pay for it. There's a reason PM is able to offer plans like the promotion so cheap. It's because they have very little overhead and limited staff.

Please remember these are people on the other side of the keyboard, with lives and feelings and families. While they are working very hard to get your problems fixed they also have other responsibilities. Their world doesn't revolve around your phone.

Being courteous and patient goes a LONG way. Please and thank you are the basics for polite conversation. Your issue will get fixed. There's no need for hate and slander.

Thank you to all the Public Mobile staff for bringing us this great promotion plan and for working so hard to try and make the process as smooth as possible. You guys are doing great!
61 REPLIES 61

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I hope so too.

About the -1 @mnz He's being ignorant to me, pretty much calling me a liar. What do you expect me to say? I've been here every single day since the promo, I would hope my opinion on customer service wait times would mean something. Guess not 😞

mnz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Rockdaddy22: -1 for your rude answers to @TheOldVR.

I was in the forum to solve my issue with porting my wife's number to another provider and came across this post.

I'm just curious how do you guys in this forum think the deals with Public Mobile are way better than the other service providers, and then saying based on what you are paying the support is not that bad?

They were good three years ago when I joined them and they had $25 plans with unlimited nationwide call and unlimited international text, and they even had real kiosks around the city so that you could go there talk to real persons, and the other providers didn't have any services with costs comparable to Public Mobile's.

But these days when you can get a $35 plan with one GB of data with Fido, with way better customer service, how do you compare Public Mobile services with that?

As a computer scientist, I love the idea of online self-service wireless provider, but I expect their service to be better than the others, with the help of online services, not worse!
I expect their platform to be error free, with less need to support, not a buggy system that needs more support than the others!

The fact that I still see bugs in their self-serve system, never fixed in the last two years, is funny.

Example?
Bonus! for those who have issues with their credit card not accepted in the self-serve system, like @naeem382:
The issue is that, unlike all the other online services that accept credit cards, Public Mobile's self-serve system check the address!!, with probably your credit card issuer or whatever source it is, character by character.
So if your address is in French there, but you write it in English, or if your apartment number in that source is at the end of the address, but you put it in the beginning, it just doesn't work.
You should try your address in all the combinations that you can think of; hopefully, you'll find the right mix 🙂

Another example?

The self-serve system has had issues with changing the plan when your plan is already expired. I mean like the last period was finished yesterday, and now you want to change the plan and go with the new plan this month.
Ah man, me, my wife and all my other friends who were with Public Mobile at some time, we all have had this issue that the system just can't handle the request! It charges your credit card but doesn't activate your account, and doesn't even change your plan. So you stuck till someone from their support comes and fix it.

And by the way it's not just now, even two years ago, there was always at least 48 hours wait time since you contacted them till your issue was fixed.

My point is that the first thing you expect from a self-serve online system is not to need the support, not a buggy system that there is a lot of chances that you would need help from their support team.

Or at least the bugs get fixed in a timely manner. The fact that public mobile has had these issues since I remember and they've never fixed it, I just don't see any progress.

I've already left Public Mobile but I hope their service will get better soon, and you guys will get your issues fixed quickly as well.

Rockdaddy22
I'm hoping other things for you

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rockdaddy22 got your response on the other topic and I get it, your comments are not based on facts - just what you think you see.

One thing for sure though, I don't think it is right that a comment from you or anyone should help a person cut in line and get service before someone else who is waiting - but that's just me.

BTW - you commented just a few weeks ago about how everything would be better the next week, it never happened. Those facts are pesky things that keep popping up unfortunately....

Main thing is that the MODs are doing their best, hopefully PM gives them what they need.

Enjoy the holidays!

Rockdaddy22
You obviously don't even understand how the community works lol We tag mods for clients when we think the customer needs extra help. The customer can also tag a mod themselves of course. You have no idea what the other mods are doing behind the scenes.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Seriously?

Are you just trying to get more Bravos?

People are not upset at the individuals at Public Mobile, I think everyone knows that they are real people and for the most part are doing their best.

BUT - Public Mobile made commitments to offering some basic level of service to their customer equally, this does not include:

- Select customers getting their issues resolved in just hours because they are "nice"

- Customers paying for service only to have their mobile plans (old and new) stop working for weeks

- Zero prioritization for customers with no service vs. those with less urgent requests

- A complete lack of communication other than posts claiming that things are getting better and that they are handling requests "first-in, first-out" when we know this is not the case

- Individuals with no affiliation with PM (other than being a customer) trying to make statements and claims about improved service, or service stats when they have no clue of what is actually happening at PM

So, it's nice that you were serviced quickly but MANY MANY people were not and they should not be ignored because you had good experience (which btw, should not have happened if PM had replied to you in the order in which your request was received - you basically cut in line at the supermarket and you feel great about it).

It's nice that now (over a month later) things are a bit better, but the main problems still exist:

- No actual issue submission and tracking process

- No way to ensure requests are handled according to urgency and the order in which they were received

- No actions taken to correct non-PM employees who are stating misinformation regarding PM, their plans, and status

- No status updates or actual indication that things will change

This just means that if anything ever breaks resulting in increased customer service needs, we can count on PM getting in to this exact same situation.

It's actually quite funny to see general forum members make shout-outs to MODs asking for something to be looked at for a customer.... why should a random shout-out make one request more important than the several that came before it.

After all that - I really do hope PM management is working on a new service solution and that they are not just sitting on what is already broken.

Happy Thursday Everyone - hope you all are enjoying the holidays!

Rockdaddy22
No we don't have phone support unless your a legacy customer on an old plan. 611 is an automated service.

naeem382

if my sim active then i can call from my sim and asked some one

naeem382

sorry my sim is not active

naeem382

they said talk to community form

Rockdaddy22
Try adding the money via 611

naeem382

i have master card visa card my wife visa card my bank card i tryed but same issue

right now 3 min before i again try but same thing

Rockdaddy22
Can you try a different card or buy a voucher?

naeem382

1.png

naeem382

1.pngI HAVE THIS ISSUE I LOST MY NUM BUT PM NOT HELP ME MANY TIME IS SEND TEXT MASSAGE TO PM BUT NO RESPONSE 

Divetus

I Bravo'd the post, but I had two seperate issues that each lasted one week if that counts. When I first acitvated my account wasn't valid, I was charged and my sim card had no service but PM tried their best to fix it ASAP which was about 8 days. When I did get the service activated, I barely had any other problems. 

I think the mindset that people need to come into Public Mobile with is that you should expect kinks along the way, and if you don't get any then you're lucky. The service they provide is extremely cost affordable in relation to other companies who still have mediocre customer service. There's also a very nice large community due to the fact that the service is based online, which is a plus to me! 

amills

Of the 45 people that have Bravo'd this post, I'm curious how many of them have waited 1/2 a month or more without service?

mike390

@turtlehat wrote:

Yeah I've been thinking exactly the same. Its just a phone, if you can't use it for a couple days while they work through their tickets then maybe you need to rethink your reliance on technology. Being rude and demanding isn't going to get you anywhere in life.

Really? For most people here, their phone is an essential means of communicating. Not everyone has land lines at home and not everyone uses their phone for playing games and facebook.  Alot of people use their cell phones for work and for being avaliable in case their family needs them. Its 2016, 90% of people need their cell phones. Not everyone has the same life as you, what does it matter to you if others rely on technology more than you do? Its not wrong, its just that everyone has different responsbilities in life and just because you arent used to them doesnt mean that they arent important.   Belittling people and trivializing their issues is rude, something you say doesnt get you anywhere in life. 

Also its not a couple days, some people have been without cell service for weeks, how would you like it if you bought a car and it broke down immediately and the dealership said they would get to it when they werent busy? How would you like it if its been 2 weeks and you still cant drive your car?  How about if someone who has a working car tells you that you are rude and demanding for expecing your car to be fixed in a timely manner and that you need to rethink your reliance on said car?

All tha being said, you cant contribute to a solution to help these people, please dont chime in. Especially if what your are going to say has no other purpose than to aggrevate the situation further.  The mods are doing their best and they dont need others stirring the pot.

turtlehat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yeah I've been thinking exactly the same. Its just a phone, if you can't use it for a couple days while they work through their tickets then maybe you need to rethink your reliance on technology. Being rude and demanding isn't going to get you anywhere in life.

Gaion1

Just an update to all, after almost 2 weeks of waiting (first submitted private message to mods on 11/19), my porting issue is finally resolved.  I may be lucky that my issue got resolved within 2 weeks, but the point I am trying to make is, it does get done.  So if yours is not done yet, just be a little more patient.  I know it's hard, but at least I can tell you, there is hope!

On another note, I haven't received any extension for the 2 weeks of time I cannot use PM.  I may send another private message to the mods later about it, when they are not as busy.  Regardless, as I said in my previous post, even if they don't give me back those 2 weeks, what's a few weeks in comparison to the years of saving I get to enjoy?

As a final thought, we are always entitled to our own opinions.  You may be disappointed about PM's service, you may be disappointed about others' disappointment.  In my opinion, the less you are disappointed with, the more happy you are!

@Hmm

I'm so glad you have a totally different view of the world than I.  I'm completely happy with the experience I've had with Public Mobile.  Yes, I signed up before the promo, and the little bit of help I've needed from the moderators was within a couple hours, or at least a very quick response.

The corporation is to blame during this Promo.  It was a very good offer for new and existing customers, but the back end systems, and support team were unable to handle it, and we're still seeing the backlog today.  It's unfortunate, but that's what we have.

I know Public Mobile will get through this, and I see things returning to normal in the not-so-distant future.  I just wish the hate speech being sent through various threads by various community members would stop.  We are all people, and people do not deserve to be harrrassed by negative comments.  Sure, maybe I live in a world sunshine and butterflies and whispy white clounds - it's certainly better than having hatred and hostility.

Hmm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@TE0991 wrote:
I would just like to say that I am very disappointed. Not about public mobile or about their customer service, quite the opposite in fact, but about all the super negative posts and comments going on in this forum.

Like many others I had some issues today setting up my account and getting things working properly. After some reading and a couple posts I contacted one of the mods for help. I PATIENTLY waited for a reply and with a few polite messages back and forth the problem was sorted in no time. My account is fixed. I have perfect service again. And my number successfully ported over within a matter of a couple hours.

This is an online based service. It is not perfect. If you want a call center to yell at when things don't go your way you're going to have to pay for it. There's a reason PM is able to offer plans like the promotion so cheap. It's because they have very little overhead and limited staff.

Please remember these are people on the other side of the keyboard, with lives and feelings and families. While they are working very hard to get your problems fixed they also have other responsibilities. Their world doesn't revolve around your phone.

Being courteous and patient goes a LONG way. Please and thank you are the basics for polite conversation. Your issue will get fixed. There's no need for hate and slander.

Thank you to all the Public Mobile staff for bringing us this great promotion plan and for working so hard to try and make the process as smooth as possible. You guys are doing great!

Wow. I am actually very disappointed in your post. Face it, you're not being objective. You're quite bias. You happened to be one of the lucky ones, that's about it. Your mindset is like going to a restaurant because you won a free dinner. You won't or can't fault in anything so you go on yelp and leave a rosy, tainted review. 

While you reminded people of basic eitquette and common sense, you dismiss or trivialize all the other issues. The biggest problem with Public Mobile, as I see it, is there online help. In this day and age, in such an advanced society, there is no justifciation or rationale that any sound, reasonable person would accept as being valid for having it the way it is now. There are many other forums, customer to company platforms. The fact that Public Mobile chose this method is actually appalling.  I am fortunate enough not to have any issues, but if I did, I would be mad as hell because I can't even log into my account or if I have to wait minutes to gain entry. 

So go ahead, keep those blinders on. Praise ye, praise Donald Trump if you like. For the rest of us who have any thinking skills, we can see you're completely naive. 

Gaion1

Reading all of these posts, I am actually rather surprised at how patient and civil people are, consider the amount of time some of us has waited.

A bit about myself first, I am in the same boat as a lot of others here.  Porting failed, waited for over 10 days now, checked multiple times and made absolute sure there's nothing else on my end I can do.

My take on all of this is, am I frusturated?  Absolutely I am, but not at the supporting staff.  I am very sure they are working their 200% right now trying to resolve issues as quick as possible.  If anything, it is PM's management team that needs to realize they need a better method of handling crisis situation such as this.

Will I stay with PM?  So far, still a yes, because i can use my old SIM still.  Not sure if they will compensate me back the days I cannot use their service.  Even if not, what's a few weeks in comparison to several years of saving I get to enjoy in the future.

As for others that are complaining, honestly, I haven't seen many that went over the top.  Consider the amount of time we have to wait and still not get any response, I think we are allowed to complain a little.  In fact, judging by how most of us are still civil about it, I think I'm in a rather good community!

Dantastic

OP who had their issue resolved within a couple of hours is asking people who have been waiting for more than 2 weeks not to complain.

Smiley LOL

jswu333

I am very disappointed at OP @TE0991.  The word selfish comes in my mind.  OH~ My problem is fixed in day one.  I have no problem and love PM... So all of you who have problems... you all should just wait patiently for 5, 10, 15, 30+ days without service.  patient goes a long way..  LMAO

admlw

Not everyone has problems that could be self-solved.

I lost service because someone on the Koodo network was able to open a new line with my phone number. There is another thread that just started on this issue so it seems like it wasn't just an isolated incident.

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yup, there are a lot of negative comments here.

I didn't have data for 3 days, but instead of crying a river and bleeding my fingers over the keyboard, I decided to READ and finally FIND the APN settings. Voila! problem fixed in no time.

I do have one suggestion to PM, have the FAQ / Knowledge Base  at the top of the forum and use a different colour / font, and or box in the Knowledge Base labeled "New Members - Instructions". This may help with resovling a lot of the complaints.

For those who ported number and have difficulties, it's a bit late, but turning your phone off and removing the SIM when registering on the PM site will help with not "confusing" your SIM that may be in the process of using data with your previous provider (e.g. facebook, viber, other updates). Good luck to new activations.

bkung89

yup, going on to my first full week of waiting now

pty

@bkung89 I waited about a week and a half for them to get back to me. The wait is pretty frustrating to say the least.

bkung89

how long did you have to wait for a mod to get back to you? I am going to be on my 4th day still with my account not working and no mod support

Need Help? Let's chat.