cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification Code

aLittleBear
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Recently transferred from other provider. The account has been set up and functioning. However, when I use the same number for the third party (e.g. Walmart) for the verification code (For log in account), I never receive the code through text message. I am wondering if any people have the same issue and how to fix it?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

Egloomy

Hello,

I am 5 days into my service with PM and I still can’t receive verification texts. All other functionality seems fine (so far)

any suggestions?

aLittleBear

Thank you everyone for the reply. All other function seems fine. I can receive the call and text messages from friends. I will wait one more week to see if it can be fixed. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @aLittleBear 

you can receive calls and text no problem? 

for verification code, wait another day or two and it will start working.  Porting is easy, but little things like this will take couple days to catch up. 

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Whenever you port over, often verification codes take a while to recognize and come through. Try waiting a bit (try everyday for a couple days) and see if time fixes it. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@aLittleBear 

First, do you receive any incoming calls and regular SMS (P2P) from friends?  If so, it is good, at least the porting was completed successfully

For 2FA text or other system generated text (A2P), it is normal for them to start coming later.   Systems take longer to find out you changed provider and to route the text correctly to the new provider (Public Mobile).    Also, financial institutions (banks) or government agencies (e.g, CRA)  put this delay on purpose too to avoid SIM Fraud

Usually they will start coming around the 3rd day after porting but it could take as many as 7 days for all the 2FA/A2P text to come.  

Need Help? Let's chat.