cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using public mobile add-ons without a plan?

waternlava
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have a couple add-ons that aren't ever going to be used up because I never go over my monthly data/minutes. I'm currently on the 15$ plan so I can't get any less. Is it possible to do the thing where I pause my plan for up to 90 days but continue using up my add-ons while doing so?

I'm even wondering that since the 15$ plan is more than I need, could I just purchase an add-on every couple of months, use it up instead of having an actual plan and renew my plan before 90 days is up as to keep my number? Could this work long term?

7 REPLIES 7

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@waternlava If you are really a true minimalist consider using only the app from Fongo or TextNow for calling/texting over wifi. Then switch to speakout7eleven for some straight pay as you go emergency calling ($25/year is the minimum payment). My son uses an even cheaper standby emergency service; send me a private message if you want the, somewhat, complicated details.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@waternlava wrote:

I have a couple add-ons that aren't ever going to be used up because I never go over my monthly data/minutes. I'm currently on the 15$ plan so I can't get any less. Is it possible to do the thing where I pause my plan for up to 90 days but continue using up my add-ons while doing so?

I'm even wondering that since the 15$ plan is more than I need, could I just purchase an add-on every couple of months, use it up instead of having an actual plan and renew my plan before 90 days is up as to keep my number? Could this work long term?

@waternlava  As others have already mentioned you need an active calling plan to use minute add-ons. Think of add-ons as an insurance policy even though you don't have to use them it's good to know that they are there just in case.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@waternlava 

Sorry, can't be done

Let's hope we get that good old $10 plan back. They may be useful later if your situation changes and you start using more, then you will not be forced to upgrade or renew early

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@waternlava wrote:

@waternlava there is no possible way of doing that. When your plan is suspended all services are suspended including add on's.

The only thing you can do at this point is just let them sit there until you need them in the future? Or you may be able to ask moderators for a one time credit or a switch to a different add on that you would more likely use. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need an active account to use the add-ons.  They will not expire and remain in your account until they are used up.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@waternlava Hello no I’m sorry the $15 plan is the lowest you can go it Has to be active and used in order for you to use your add-ons you cannot just purchase add ons without an active plan

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately this is not possible. You need an active plan to use Addons.

They will remain on your account. You never know one day you might just need them.

Need Help? Let's chat.