cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User name match CC

Kold
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Heyo,

I think I already know the answer to this, but does the user name have to match the credit card? 

I want to set up an account for someone, and I would pay for it with my card, can this be done?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Kold
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok got it,  thanks for the responses folks. 

Got another question but I'll start a new thread. 

OK @computergeek541 ,  for a second (until you amended your reply), I wasn't following you.

Yes, that makes sense and explains the likely many PM accounts parents have for kids or, in some cases, kids have for much older parents.

@Kold wrote:

Heyo,

I think I already know the answer to this, but does the user name have to match the credit card? 

I want to set up an account for someone, and I would pay for it with my card, can this be done?

Thanks

Within the conditions mentioned by others, you can do this, but keep in mind that to ever remove the card from the Public Mobile account, you will need to get the Public Mobile customer to do it.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Kold 

Anyone's payment card can be used to pay for anyone's account.

So long as you're using the payment card legally... 😉

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think you can use your card for your other family members or friends.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Kold 

No the user name does not need to match the credit card

Yes, you can pay for somebody's else account.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Kold 

Your name in your SELF SERVE Account can be "Hunky Dorry", it can be anything actually, and recommended to be something else other than your real name.

EDIT: when you create the account I would add the real name, if you are porting over a number with that name connected to the previous account. Then once you log into your SELF SERVE you can change to whatever.

Need Help? Let's chat.