cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usa roaming add on

Ron52
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a 15 day add on package last eve through my account using my friend's phone.  It still is not active. And not acknowledged on my account.  I'm using friends phone at present 

12 REPLIES 12

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust - wasn't of the belief it was going to happen 😆; just, you know, would be nice not to be so messy.

@esjliv- That's a great idea. So you get the warning text at midnight that it's expiring "tomorrow". You login and see a timer countdown rather than just days. Great idea. Never gonna happen.

The system SHOULD have better re-buying controls and filters. You have the 3 part bundle, then the 2 part is unavailable. Then of course the actual expiry re-buy should not have a delay.

@dust2dust - well, that i know.

I meant visually to the second, where you can see it...like '5 hours, 5 minutes and 3 seconds'...etc.

@esjliv- There IS a countdown meter. It starts at 15/15. Then when it gets to 1/15 that's your last 24 hours. The midnight of that last day you get a text saying it's about to expire. Then when it changes to 0/15 that's the end of the 360 hours.

Then the silly problem arrives. That's what needs to be fixed.

Also, iirc last December (before the 15 day change) the add-on showed up in Shop Add-ons before expiry. What are customers supposed to think? Stupid. Then after expiry when the services aren't working they see it and buy it and it doesn't work. Stupid.

I am certain that the item in add-ons finally drops off after 12 hours. (the system of course coincidentally didn't let me log in to verify this exactly but it wasn't 24 hours or midnight)

@hairbag1 wrote:

...or fix it to work as soon as 1st add-on expires.

@hairbag1  - absolutely! Ideally, that is the better way to go.

A countdown meter would still be handy in this situation. Who remembers what exact time of day they successfully add an addon to their account anyhow, unless they are knowing to track this information.

@esjliv wrote:

@softech wrote:

Good find @esjliv   , I guess that is the 24 hours wait issue then

@softech - so silly that 'flaw' is. Too bad there wasn't some 'countdown' meter that people roaming could refer to. Then again, would that work accurately. 🙄

...or fix it to work as soon as 1st add-on expires.

@softech wrote:

@softech - so silly that 'flaw' is. Too bad there wasn't some 'countdown' meter that people roaming could refer to. Then again, would that work accurately. 🙄

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@softech @hairbag1 - OP posted in this thread before opening their own post:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/I-renewed-my-US-roaming-last-night-accoun...

and said..."I purchased another 15 day USA plan last eve as previous 15 day had ran out. "

I take this as the first addon worked fine, but this is timing of the first one not fully being used up in the 15 day period, plus that silly 'buffer' time.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ron52   it should be active the moment it is successfully purchased

First, login My Account again BUT using Incognito Mode.  Check if you can see it in the Add-on section in Plan & Add-on page

Also, go to Payment history and you should see PM shows you loaded the amount, and the amount was used for the add-on purchase

And which Roaming add-on you got?  the Talk/Text/Data Bundle?  Make sure you are connected to T-Mobile.  If  it is not, try to manually connect to it instead of relying on Automatic.

And if it is connected to T-Mobile, make sure are enable Mobile Data Roaming on your phone.  This is critical for the data to work 

For voice, it could be a bit trickier.  Which state and city you are at?  Voice roaming needs T-Mobile 2G network, which is not very reliable and the coverage is limited.  So, if data works but not voice, it could just mean the T-Mobile 2G network is weak or not exist where you are.  Try using it in different area

And if data work, download VoIP app TextNow.  Use it to make and receive calls and text as a workaround

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ron52 buying back to back of the same type of roaming addon before the full 360 hours (15 days) + 12-24 hours after (this is the silly part) is what needs to be done.

If you are in this boat, you may need CSA to help you sort that out.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Or, try buying a different type/bucket of Roaming addon to get your service up and running, then connect with CSA after to adjust anything on your account if needed.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ron52 

log in to your account and try this to see if the add-on was successfully purchased...

plan.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.