cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated New Sim Card

jjt0227
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello I had to get a new public mobile sim card I put the new one in because my old phone with the old sim card ade not retreivable due to damage.  I suspended my acvouby and got my new phone today, updated the sim card and reactivated my account and I can only recieve texts and cant send them.  Am I missing a step here?  

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jjt0227 - does your calling in/out and data work?

Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

@jjt0227 

Depending on what kind of device being used, could this be an RCS -related setting?

i.e.   iMessage vs Chat being on or off?

@jjt0227  Can you try SIM card in another phone and see if services are working properly and or just take sim out and reseat in in the SIM card tray and push in and rebbbot device 

adding. My screen shot is from mobile device just to show you tabs of where you need to find specific services but the SIM card sale needs be done on lc only … could be a provisioning issue in which case you need support to reset your account possibly 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

jjt0227
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cant find that screen at all.  My new sim is corewct as well.  Says my account status is now active but still can only recieve texts but wont send them

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jjt0227 

Try logging out of self serve, then clear cache and cookies, then log back into self serve.

Under the Profile tab, hover over (or tap if on mobile login) the SIM card details and confirm the new SIM card number is, in fact, registered there.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@jjt0227  You need so this in a computer only and do SIM card swap 

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1676921062758.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jjt0227   So you Resumed service if you put the account into Lost/Stolen mode?  Try rebooting or toggling airplane mode on/off.  Might need a couple of reboots. 

Need Help? Let's chat.