Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update the plan

Xiangguiqiang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can you help me update my plan to cover my data ? Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

@Xiangguiqiang wrote:

I called *611, it does not tell me my new purchasing for 1 G add on. Please check it for me. Thanks

@Xiangguiqiang  That means that you have to go back in and add the add-on to your account. It's a two step process:

Step 1: Add the funds in your account,

Step 2: Purchase the add-on

Looks like you still need to do Step 2.

@Xiangguiqiang wrote:

I called *611, it does not tell me my new purchasing for 1 G add on. Please check it for me. Thanks

Check in self service. You may have just added funds to your account. You need to go in and buy the add on. Two step process.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

Xiangguiqiang

@Xiangguiqiang wrote:

How do I know I have already got extra 1G data after I purchase 1G data? I do not receive any message to confirm my extra 1G data. Thanks

@Xiangguiqiang  Your data will start working again. If you call *611 from your phone you can check if the add-on is added to your account.

Xiangguiqiang

How do I know I have already got extra 1G data after I purchase 1G data? I do not receive any message to confirm my extra 1G data. Thanks

@Xiangguiqiang wrote:

There is no option for add on $15 for 1 G on self service. Can you help me to update?

Thanks

@Xiangguiqiang  To purchase an Add-On using this method, you will need to have a payment card registered to your account. Find out how to register your card in Self-Serve here. Dial *611 on your phone, and follow the prompts to first make a payment of $15 using your, credit card, or Visa Debit card. After adding the $15 funds follow the prompts to buy the 1 GB data Add-On. You will need your 4-digit account PIN to purchase an Add-On. You selected your PIN when you activated your account.

@Xiangguiqiang wrote:

I have already purchased add on 1 G for $15. Can I get that extra 1G immediately? Thanks

Yes.

Xiangguiqiang

I have already purchased add on 1 G for $15. Can I get that extra 1G immediately? Thanks

@Xiangguiqiang wrote:

There is no option for add on $15 for 1 G on self service. Can you help me to update?

Thanks

gig.jpg

@Xiangguiqiang wrote:

Thanks

Log into My Account / Purchase Add-ons...then select the 1GB for $15. Restart phone.

Xiangguiqiang

Thanks

The $60 plan is no longer being offered.

Xiangguiqiang

I am currently on $50 monthly covering 8 G data plan. I remember there is a plan is around $60 monthly covering 10 G more data. Can I change to that plan ? Or please recommend a reasonable plan for covering more data . Thanks

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Xiangguiqiang  if you require immediate data, An instant temporary change to this plan will get you more data than 4 of the $15 one gig add ons. It also gets you free calling from Canada to the US. 

Screenshot_20200323-100237.jpg

Stay safe 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Xiangguiqiang wrote:

When does your current plan expire ? Can you make use of free wifi until next renewal. Shaw has opened up their public wifi for anyone to use. Once you find one of the thousands of hotspots, just sign into Shaw Go....and it's free.

Other options are explained above.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can update now but you would lose any unused minutes/texts/data It is recommended to change on next renewal date.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Xiangguiqiang  You can change plans yourself by accessing your selfserve account. If you want to renew your existing plan because you ran out of data then you need to contact the Public Mobile Mobile Moderator Team.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Xiangguiqiang wrote:

Which plan do you have ?

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right hand corner of this page. Moderator wait time is 2 days. If your next renewal date is up to 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $15 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

Need Help? Let's chat.