cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking a Koodo phone with a tab balance

Newfeeflip
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife got a new Iphone SE the other day, but now wants a larger screen 😉  I'm going to take her phone now, however, I want to be able to use it on a trip next month and would like to unlock it.  I know Public Mobile will unlock Koodo phones for $50, but will they do it if there's still a tab owing on the Koodo phone?  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

magical
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

thank you for signing up for nosupportpublicmobile, if you are recieving this, this is not sanctioned by public mobile, because, you must wait till pigs can fly for your response,

Thank you.

Newfeeflip
I guess I should have read the announcement regarding the backlog and the 12 day delay in responding. I'll hold tight and look for alternative solution in meantime.

Newfeeflip

I followed all the steps for unlocking my Koodo phone.  I emailed Public 2 days ago, but have not heard back.  Can anyone help?

Newfeeflip

Thanks.  Yes, I'm looking to use the phone out of country.

I can't pay my tab unless I've been with Koodo for 3 months.  I could port out, but then I may be charged for the free gift cards from WOW mobile.

Also, there's nothing stated in the unlocking thread/post regarding having to wait 3 months.  I know with Koodo you can't unlock with Koodo until after 90 days so Bell is probably the same.  In my case, Public is unlocking a Koodo phone.

clavije
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

hi you have to read the contract, i had bell you need to be with the phone for 3 months before it can be unlocked check with koodo the tab does not mean anything you are under contract , another thing only your wife can request the phone to be unlocked

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you shouldn't need to unlock a koodo phone as it is the same network.  just plug your sim in to it and see what happens.  

Unless you are tryingto take the phone out of the country.  would it not be just as easy to pay the tab?  won;t your koodo bill go down by the tab monthly ampount?

Need Help? Let's chat.