cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking T-Mobile iPhone 5c

amw96
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

My roommate gave me her old iPhone 5c after my Pixel crashed (rip), and I'm having trouble unlocking it. It says that the SIM is unsupported, so I used her current cell to call the T-Mobile helpline. They ("they" being a computer) told me that the IMEI of this iPhone isn't associated with my roommate's phone number. She says the phone was activated on a family plan, of which her dad is the account holder.

Any thoughts on this? Do I need her dad's account info in order to unlock the phone?

Thanks in advance!!

4 REPLIES 4

Check here. iPhone needs to be carrier unlocked and iCloud unlocked.  

http://pro.imei24.com/service_list.php

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

T Mobile is American.  You need to google their policy for unlocking. Some won’t unlock any phone if it is no longer on contract. And yes room mates father would be good assistance. 

Some one here used imei website to  unlock an iPhone.  

@amw96 wrote:

Hi,

My roommate gave me her old iPhone 5c after my Pixel crashed (rip), and I'm having trouble unlocking it. It says that the SIM is unsupported, so I used her current cell to call the T-Mobile helpline. They ("they" being a computer) told me that the IMEI of this iPhone isn't associated with my roommate's phone number. She says the phone was activated on a family plan, of which her dad is the account holder.

Any thoughts on this? Do I need her dad's account info in order to unlock the phone?

Thanks in advance!!

Public Mobile cannot help to unlock a phone locked to a different carrier. You'll have to follow T-Mobile's procedures to get this unlocked and contact them again to get this accomplished.  But sure, getting someone who has a T-Mobile account to make the request wouldn't hurt.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

..sound right.. i think the account owner needs to get involved with T-Mobile

did you try calling Apple?  maybe they can help.. but I think you might have similar answer

Need Help? Let's chat.