cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Add-Ons/Promotions

Skookumchuk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have the 1GB Data plan with unlimited Canada Minutes and unlimited Int'l Text.

On the Add-Ons side I have the following

• 2GB one-time data bonus (1.37GB left)

• 2GB one-time data bonus (again)

• 500 mins one-time Int'l LD bonus (469 mins left)

• 500 mins one-time Int'l LD bonus (again)

In the Promotions I have

• 500 LD mins

Can someone please explain to me how much data I have each month and how many LD minutes and if these Add-Ons/Promotions will follow me if I change plans.

Please/Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

@maximum_gato 

yesterday my mind warped? Would explain my spelling... 😂

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

This add on promotional bonus usually magically appears after reactivating from a suspension of more than 30 days on the lower priced plans. Higher cost plans can recieve a promotional data add on bonus ranging from 1gb to 4gb. They are definitely YMMV.

Edit:

@wetcoaster  Lol....Your Mileage May Vary Virtually? 😉

@HALIMACS wrote:

• 500 additional Long Distance minutes given as promotion.  These may 'possibly' not carry over if the plan is changed, however you may find YMMV.  This promotion is not overly useful to you anyway since you're on a plan with unlimited (in-Canada) long distance calling.

If it looks like this:

Screenshot 2023-03-25 16.45.05.png

I have had it for three or so years now and it has stayed on my account through about a dozen plan changes and a few suspensions.

But yes, it can be YMMV

Edit: @Skookumchuk  you might also find that the order in which the add-ons are used might not make sense. I have found that from the More is Merrier bonuses the newest one was used first, I have 3 partially used data add-ons...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Skookumchuk wrote:

Hi,

I have the 1GB Data plan with unlimited Canada Minutes and unlimited Int'l Text.

On the Add-Ons side I have the following

• 2GB one-time data bonus (1.37GB left)

• 2GB one-time data bonus (again)

• 500 mins one-time Int'l LD bonus (469 mins left)

• 500 mins one-time Int'l LD bonus (again)

In the Promotions I have

• 500 LD mins

Can someone please explain to me how much data I have each month and how many LD minutes and if these Add-Ons/Promotions will follow me if I change plans.

Please/Thank you!

You have:

• 1 GB to use EVERY 30 days.  This expires at the end of each cycle and doesn't carry over.
  • 3.37 GB of one-time data to use AFTER your 1GB data is used within a 30-day cycle.  The remaining amount does carry over each cycle regardless of plan changes.
  • 969 International Long Distance minutes to use.  These will carry over each cycle regardless of plan changes.
  • 500 additional Long Distance minutes given as promotion.  These may 'possibly' not carry over if the plan is changed, however you may find YMMV.  This promotion is not overly useful to you anyway since you're on a plan with unlimited (in-Canada) long distance calling.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Skookumchuk 

You have 1gb of plan data to use during your 30 day cycle. If you use it all up before your 30 day cycle renews you will either have your mobile data "paused" until your renewal or if you have add on data (1.37gb/2gb+2gb/2gb=3.37gb total)you will automatically start using your add on data until your plan cycle renews at midnight eastern on day 30/day 1.

At that time your plan data of 1gb renews and your add on data will roll over waiting to be used the next time you exceed your 1gb of plan data.

Since you have unlimited texting and Canada wide calling your add on minutes will only be used for international calling**. Your Canada wide calling minutes will only be used if you switch to the $15 plan and you use up the included 100 outgoing minutes. Then similar to your add on data your add on minutes will be used until your 30 day plan renewal. They will also roll over and stay on your account until completely consumed.

Edit:

**On the $15 plan if you do not have the 500min of Canada wide calling add on the 500 international minutes add on will be used for Canada wide calling when the 100 outgoing plan minutes are completely consumed before your renewal.

All add ons except 15 day US Roaming add ons are one time purchases, gifts or promotions that do not expire. They roll over every 30 days until completely consumed.

fillion01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I guess you are referring to the 25$ 3G plan.

You have 1gb a month, if you go over, it will eat away at your 2gb bonuses (these do not expire at the end of the 30 day cycle, you can use them nice and slow if you want).

As far as minutes, they are unlimited in Canada, so the bonuses are for international calls.

And yes, they will follow you if you change plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.