cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use same self-serve email for my community account

Ed_Ap
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can't use my self-serve email to register for the Community forum because it says that "the email is already being used in an account". What's up with that? I'd like to start racking up some Reward points... Please. 

11 REPLIES 11

Ed_Ap

@NDesai wrote:

@Ed_Ap wrote:

I've tried changing the password for the account using my self-serve email but doesn't work either. 

What happens when you change the email address from settings (Personal > Email) on (Ed_Ap) account? 

I get: "Sorry. The two email addresses don't match."

Ed_Ap

@NDesai wrote:

@Ed_Ap wrote:

I've tried changing the password for the account using my self-serve email but doesn't work either. 

What happens when you change the email address from settings (Personal > Email) on (Ed_Ap) account? 

What happens is that I get the following message: "Sorry. The two email addresses don't match." 

Ed_Ap

@NDesai wrote:

@Ed_Ap Go to forgot password link  and enter the email you are trying to register with. If the system recognizes that email and sends you the password reset on your email, it means you already used that email before. 

Done that. Got the following error message: "is not a valid email address".

@Ed_Ap wrote:

First time registering for Community. Since the Mods aren't in again until tomorrow, hoping the Oracles could provide some help. Have not come across anything relating to my problem in the Knowledge Bank. 

Not sure why an unused email is not able to register. We don't have any controls to change anything account related. You will have to wait for mods to investigate. May be @David_J can help you out. 

EDIT: Forgot to mention that since you just signed up, you will not start to receive community rewards right away. You have to be around the community and provide help to others. Then every month, PM chooses best candidate for the community rewards. So you have plenty of time to get this resolved. 

Ed_Ap

First time registering for Community. Since the Mods aren't in again until tomorrow, hoping the Oracles could provide some help. Have not come across anything relating to my problem in the Knowledge Bank. 

Ed_Ap

@Ed_Ap wrote:

Ed_Ap

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Ed_Ap Go to forgot password link  and enter the email you are trying to register with. If the system recognizes that email and sends you the password reset on your email, it means you already used that email before. 

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You should be able to use the same email address for both selfserve and your community account.  Are you sure you didn't already create a community account using that email address?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Ed_Ap, you should be able to use the same email for both self serve account and community forum.  Have you previously used the same email?  That will make it not possible to reuse the same email.  For selve serve account that have been deactivated, the email address remains locked from reuse.  There is no such similar thing with community forum accounts deactivating due to non use/payment.  Does any of this apply here?  You can consult with the moderator team for a resolution.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.