cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive calls and subpar data speed

NewNugget
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Like many others, I signed up with PM for the BF $34g/20gb 5G package.

Once I enabled it via e-sim, I was not able to receive any calls, and am getting 3G speed at best (Stouffville area). I haven't finalize porting my phone number from Fido yet, because I couldn't receive the port request when I was on the PM network. I only found out later when I re-activated my Fido sim (phone supports dual sim)

Will the performance get better if I consent to the port request? I am a little hesitant to proceed with the disappointing speed so far.

3 REPLIES 3

@NewNugget 

well if your number is in port-limbo, I suspect you're only getting whatever you had with your old provider. You've already paid for 30 days of PM service...give it a fair try. If after your 30 days is up, you're unsatisfied with PM...port back to Fido or wherever else you wanna try. The millions thousands of satisfied PM customers in Canada can attest to it. Give it a go.

NewNugget
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks. 

But can you please help clarify; technically speaking how would finalizing the port request impact the poor results that I am seeing?

If I am experiencing slow speed now, why should I expect anything different after?

Thank you.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@NewNugget 

use this link to request the CSA re-initiate porting in to PM from your old provider. Once it's up and running, you'll find it's just as advertised.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.