cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to account, sim not activating.

trapper
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recieved my sim card lastnight and went about creating an account, ported my number and set up my plan. I recieved a garbled error on the account confirmation page after finalizing the account, but the everything below the error looked like my account was created and succesful. I then recieved an e-mail saying my account had been created, and recieved a text with the account pin number. I have not been able to login to my account at all since then. "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again."

My Telus account was cancelled at 6:20am today, but my PM sim card has not become active 5 hours later. I'm not sure if it is just taking a while, or if it has gotten stuck in the system somewhere.

11 REPLIES 11

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Once your issues get solved it'll be smooth sailing. Just send a private message to a moderator and they'll take care of everything. Please keep us updated on your issues.

MilPatel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having the exact same issue. I also can't receive calls or send and receive texts. I switched to Public beacause it was a good deal and thought they'd have better coverage then my former provider, but so far it's been nothing but issues.

cynicalmj

I have the same problem except my number is not ported. $120 charges on credit card and I am not able to login to my account. I received the email that my account is setup and I owed $135.60. I cannot even retrieve my password because the error message is saying that the email is not registered.

This is a very weird situation. It seems that Public Mobile just takes money but didn't do anything for activation. I can't even login to my account. 

Please resolve the situation asap. I emailed 2 times already but no reply, therefore I am leaving the message in the forum.

@tag @@Shazia_K

colinpc

I also sent a private message 4 days ago. Haven't heard anything back at all. Also sent a ticket 4 days ago regarding this issue, however that told me to expect a response within 48hrs. So far, i am not very pleased.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @trapper

I tried locating your message, however I was unable to do so.

I also truly apologize for the inconvenience and the delay, we are overwhelmed with messages! Please private message me your SIM card number - I'll look into it.

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

trapper

Hi @Mary_M, is @Saray_O in today? Its aproaching 48 hours since I first sent my message and it has not been read yet, and it appears she is Offline, and if she is off I can at least stop re-checking my inbox every 30 minutes looking for an update. I do understand you're all busy, so if it is taking 2-3 days to get to everyone I get that, but a rough estimate on how long I should expect to wait would be much appreciated.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @h41t3r

If you sent a private message, one of us will look into it !

@trapper Please allow Saray some time to work on it.

You're in good hands 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

trapper

So I was able to check my bank this morning and the charge did go through for the $120 plan on the 1st. I did send a message to @Saray_O late Monday night before @Mary_M was mentioned.

I tried calling my number to see if it was working, but just not linked to my sim card but I got an error that the line was disconnected. I hope I hear back today, though I understand they are very busy at the moment with the massive spike in people switching to PM.

h41t3r

Had the same problem, minus the porting being complete..

sent a PM, still waiting a response.

Rockdaddy22
Since it's a failed port I'd actually recommend you private message her with all the details. SIM, telus account, number and exact name on telus account. Expect a possible delay of a couple hours, everyone's very busy right now.

Rockdaddy22
Let's get a mod to take a look @Mary_M could you help out.
Need Help? Let's chat.