cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get stable phone calls

reubenk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Resident of the same house for 8 years
Last 1.5 years, I've had increasing issues completing a phone call without the receiver being unable to hear words/sentences, to the point where I can no longer complete phone calls. Now I do all my calling through FB/Facetime, and it's infuriating. 

Squamish BC

8 REPLIES 8

reubenk

amazing response. i've looked at these maps while I've tried to resolve my issues, but this is great knowledge for any future readers 

reubenk

thanks for your quick responses. 
-data is bad as well, however there's a bit less frustration since it's not interrupting client calls, and I've got wifi in the office. 
-3g mode on iphone is no longer accessible on current IOS (or at least I can't figure it out, and google seems to agree) 
- I have submitted a ticket to public mobile, and to telus, to try and raise this in a technical/infrastructure lens.

Appreciate your help!

@reubenk 

Tantalus Road, in Squamish BC.  Your signal would be relying on the towers to the north and to the east of it.  Not sure if it is strong enough 
softech_0-1724195213419.png

but Rogers has even less towers in the city.  And in terms of the area near Tantalus Road, Rogers has the same 2 towers as Telus, so, the quality might not be any better just by the look of the location

softech_1-1724195393768.png

So, I think it could be a general problem in your area.  But open ticket with PM, maybe they can reprovision your account and you will have better voice quality  

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there           

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Your phone should be good, especially with iPhone

but only voice has problem? data ok? For test, if you change the network mode to 3G, would the voice calls be better?

and also, it is time to ask PM to check the network for you 

open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen

or message them using this link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

reubenk

I have:
-changed plans between 4/5g within public mobile
-replaced my phone (android 2018, with iphone 2021. Iphone 12 pro 
-purchased a signal amplifier
-inquired with my townhouse community about alternate service providers (telus polls as 'bad, but most are bad')
-instructed clients for my business, 20-30 people, to communicate through Facebook messaging audio, or facetime. 
-contacted telus support
-built a shrine to thirteen deities 
-hoped telus would continue to invest in additional infrastructure so I wouldn't have to do so much to solve this on my own. 

The issues are worst during peak business hours, and extend through friday afternoons when the local roads seem to be busy, buidling the hypothesis the local networks are overloaded,

I live on Tantalus Road, in Squamish BC

I ask now, because I'm again frustrated and it's been especially bad for the last 2 months. 

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

for 78 weeks, what have you done to try to make it works better? and what makes you decide to ask for help now?

but what phone do you have? which area you are in, like what city or province?

reubenk

This is a problem that has lasted the last 78 weeks. 

@reubenk , there were reports of calling issues in western Canada yesterday.  The problem might be still around.  

Need Help? Let's chat.