cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Create Self Serve Account for Activated Account/SIM

LSxT325
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Mary_M helped me to activate my SIM/setup a new account yesterday.  I was put on a temporary plan and asked to setup my own self-serve account so that I could choose a plan and enter my payment details.

Unfortunately, I have not been successful in setting up a self-serve account.

When I go here, to set one up:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

And then input my phone number:

1. Verify Your Phone Number

I get the following error:
"The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here."

The phone works... can make/receive calls and texts per the temp plan I'm setup on.  Unfortunately, I just can't setup a self-serve account.

My email adress has never been used to create a self-serve account, so it's not a case of already having one.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Darren

13 REPLIES 13

Tayls1708
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm sorry very sorry but I do not know how to do this community thing all help is welcome thank you and once again sorry 

Mdaws98

I'm having the same problem when I enter my current phone number.

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @jvictorc,

Mary isn't today, but I was able to check on your ticket: your self-serve has been created!

I will send you more details by private message.

Cheers 🙂

Kalla

jvictorc

Hi @Mary_M

I was wondering if I could get an update on the status of my account. I received a text this morning with the 6-digit code, and it seems like my email has been registered. Thanks.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @jvictorc

I will submit a ticket to our technical department and have them verify this. 

Please allow 3 to 7 business days for it to be treated; you can enjoy the 10 day plan I activated in the meantime 🙂

Thanks!

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

jvictorc

@Kalla_A@Mary_M

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue. Mary activated my account this morning at 10am, the service works fine, but its been 6 hours and I'm still unable to verify my phone number. Is there a way to add data to my temporary plan while this is being fixed? Thanks!

LSxT325

Thank you very much @Kalla_A

I'm all fixed up now.  Much appreciated.

Darren

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @LSxT325,

I have great news: your issue with the self-serve has been resolved!

Our tech team created the account for you. I will send you your new credentials by private message. 

Cheers,

Kalla

LSxT325

Hi @Kalla_A or @Mary_M

Are either of you able to give me an update regarding my above inquiry?

I received a text message from PM this morning to give me a 6-digit access code to complete my self-serve account setup.  Unfortunately, I can't input the code because I still can't get past the initial screen where I enter my phone number to initiate the process.  I still get the same error as I described in my original posting.

Also, if I enter my email address as if I've forgotten my password, now it does seem to indicate that my email address is associated with an account (previously it did not).  Someone must have setup an account for me under my email address.  Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to any of the secret questions so I'm not able to reset the password either.

Please help.

I'd really like to be able to input my payment credentials but, until this gets resolved, I can't do that.

Thanks.

Darren

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @LSxT325,

Your ticket is still in progress, but I believe that it should be resolved quite soon!

You can also contact me if you need to make changes to your account, it's no trouble at all 🙂

Cheers,

Kalla

LSxT325
Hi @Kalla_A or @Mary_M

Unfortunately I'm still having this problem, as described in my message above.

Is it possible to get an update or some additional assistance?

Please let me know.

Thx.

Darren

LSxT325

Thank you Kalla_A.

I was not aware that anyone had already started to help with this.  Other than your forum response, I have not been contacted by anyone about this specific issue yet.

Thanks for letting me know.

Darren

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @LSxT325,

I am sorry to hear that you are unale to create your self-serve account!

I can however see, that one of our support agents has already taken good care of you: they activated your 90 days plan and logged a ticket to have this resolved. 

If there's anything else, don't hesitate to let me know 😉

Cheers,

Kalla

Need Help? Let's chat.