cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Create Account

AvaE
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We are unable to create an on-line account.  We do not receive a text when the request is made for the telephone number.  We need to be able to login to pay.

15 REPLIES 15

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AvaE : Did you use Forgot your password? for each of those emails you think it might have been? If you've already set up an account then that would explain the problem of trying to create one. It should have given you a red invalid message. Although that message could also indicate just an invalid number. Can you call and text in and out? Do you keep all your emails that you get from wherever legit (like I do being a digital packrat)?

@Anonymous 

Let’s keep it  ssimple for now. @AvaE  need to contact a CSA as they can best see what is needed. 

@AvaE 

Not to be harsh. When ever you open any type of account you need to record:

your phone number

account email

account password

PIN number 

credit card used or other payment method

I do all of this in a password locked document as there is just too much to remember now a days. And is not information that is needed frequently but is eventually needed. 😀

Good on you to get on it to change your credit card info !!!

And sounds like Lucky you.....no auto pay issues. 

Any credit card I set up I screen print my signing up and date it a month before the credit card expires, and set it up in a calendar to remind me that a new card should be in the mail AND to update it online at PM or?

Edit. I forgot to mention, sort of, as well as recording email used ....record “email alias” as well. And to use an email that you would never delete or lose. Ie. I would never use a Telus or Shaw email. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AvaE : That's great news that autopay has worked so well over all these years on multiple accounts. We see all the complaints around here so that's some good news.

Going forward, create a gmail account. Then for each separate account you're working with, change the email of it to that gmail address but add a +1 before the @. Then the next one +2. Next +3 etc. The plus is an instant alias to the main gmail address. But it's acceptable for this place. Keep track of all those aliases and which account it was used on. You can use the same password (not recommended of course but just easy) and payment card on each.

You'll need to ask the CSA's to change those email addresses on each account.

From my observation,  for new users, I see them tends to pick Contact CSA as a solution.   Don't know why,  some of them even came back and said they resolved it differently but still pick contact CSA as a solution.  Sometimes, I am glad Oracle stepped in and fix it 

AvaE

Yep you are right.

Now try multiple family members each requiring a unique email for each phone number, with not all having email at the time of getting a phone....

Add to this, never needing to log in to any of the accounts for YEARS due to autopay...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CountyDownIeUk : Then we may as well be like our friend around here and just tell everybody to contact the CSA's at every question. That renders us all useless and merely a mindless race to be the first one to say contact the CSA's. No thanks.

@Anonymous wrote:

@AvaE : Did you use Forgot your password? for each of those emails you think it might have been? If you've already set up an account then that would explain the problem of trying to create one. It should have given you a red invalid message. Although that message could also indicate just an invalid number. Can you call and text in and out? Do you keep all your emails that you get from wherever legit (like I do being a digital packrat)?

@Anonymous 

Let’s keep it  ssimple for now. @AvaE  need to contact a CSA as they can best see what is needed. 

@AvaE 

Not to be harsh. When ever you open any type of account you need to record:

your phone number

account email

account password

PIN number 

credit card used or other payment method

I do all of this in a password locked document as there is just too much to remember now a days. And is not information that is needed frequently but is eventually needed. 😀

Good on you to get on it to change your credit card info !!!

And sounds like Lucky you.....no auto pay issues. 

Any credit card I set up I screen print my signing up and date it a month before the credit card expires, and set it up in a calendar to remind me that a new card should be in the mail AND to update it online at PM or?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AvaE 

You need to start a ticket here. The sooner you start, the better. Watch for a reply in the envelope on top right of your screen. 

AvaE

Cannot recall if an account was ever created, so tried only emails that would have been used.  Tried to set up account using phone number, however, no text is received.  Need to get into account to change autopay credit card details.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AvaE 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

or try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

Need To Create an Account here Public Mobile - Register

if you have account try Forgot your password visit Here link, and enter your email address,

check your email spam,

or you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

and them will reset for you,

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Did you try every email....and forgot password?

I would  suggest to get help from a CSA to resolve your My Account access or to confirm if it was completed. 

If you have a number and a SIM start up from a retailer try....

6320D3EA-EF0F-4EA2-B5AD-7C3AA13E5F4D.jpeg

AvaE

Hello.

Phone was set up in store years ago.  We need to go online to change credit card info for autopay.  We tried all possible emails for account if it was existing.  We then tried to set up account, however, when the phone number is entered, no text is received with a 6 digit activation code.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

So far what have you done?

Bought a SIM and trying to activate?

Bought a SIM at a retailer and retailer activated? 

You might be using the wrong  choice to build your My Account. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AvaE : Do you mean activating an account? Or did you activate in a store and now you need to create the self-serve account?

In the meantime, you can buy vouchers in many stores or online and use the 611 service to redeem them into your account. You can also use instant top-up in a few stores.

Need Help? Let's chat.