cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Umidigi phones

farmbot
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am looking for feedback from owners of Umidigi smartphones  purchased from Amazon Canada.

Anyone with usage over 1 year? Call reception in remote locations and Quality of speaker?

I am long term Moto user which has good reception and call qualityin rural areas.

Thanks for comments.

15 REPLIES 15

jamjamjam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have 4 Umidigi phones all together. A5, A9, A11, A15 .

A5 has screen frozen problem after 3 years.

A9 A11 still working without any problem.

And just got newest A15.

I like this brand.

@farmbot in my 2 months no pro0blems with either. But I'm in Toronto. 

farmbot

Thanks so far for comments.

Not worried about gaming or photo.

My concern is calling and text the original action of cellphones.

kelvarnsen

@gblackma , I watched for a few weeks on Amazon. It would sort of cycle through and every 4 or 5 days a different Umidigi phone would go on sale.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@farmbot wrote:

I am looking for feedback from owners of Umidigi smartphones  purchased from Amazon Canada.

Anyone with usage over 1 year? Call reception in remote locations and Quality of speaker?

I am long term Moto user which has good reception and call qualityin rural areas.

Thanks for comments.

I have one friend who has purchased a Umidigi phone, got it really cheap. Now he has an awesome paperweight. But I think you get what you pay for. The S3 I have heard is a good deal. That's all I can really contribute to
you sorry. 

@farmbot  the F1 IS 4g, 128gb, the battery is a 5000 mAh  one. I overpaid $269 on Amazon.ca, based on @kelvarnsen . It works great, but I didn't have it for a year, only 2 months, and I'm in Toronto, but no complaints.

kelvarnsen

As far as where to buy a Umidigi phone I would stick to either Amazon or the official Umidigi store on AliExpress.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@farmbot, wow, am kinda surprised how many people here in the community have or heard of Umidigi phones. I know @gblackma owns one I believe. 

I myself am a former iPhone user switch to now an Asus ZenFone because of the big RAM chip, big drive space, great camera and dual SIM cards. 

Get a phone that you think that will last for at least a few years!

• Is speed the most important. How much RAM? RAM can let more apps run in the background without slowing your phone down.
  • Camera? Video? Is taking photos and videos important to you. 
  • Dual SiM or a Single Sim card in the phone. 
  • Dual Sim? Yes, you can add more space to the internal card as well to your phone
  • How much storage do you need on your phone? For games, apps, photos, videos, etc
  • Is the phone unlocked or locked
  • Buyer beware. Is the phone legit, or a stolen one. Buy from a reliable source. I buy from Amazon Canada. Craigslist, Kijiji or eBay, is questionable.
  • How good is the battery? More than 5000mAh?

kelvarnsen

I have been using an F1 since September. Other than having to manually change the APN settings it works great for PM. I love the massive amount of storage since it means no more having to regularly figure out which apps to uninstall. It cost me about $230 so when this one dies I would have no problem getting another one.

Plus I love that it comes with a case and screen protector.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

nice 6gb ram alot

@fdrcamb519 , the F2 has 6 gigs of RAM and 128 gigs of storage.  Plenty for most users.  I highly recommend it. 

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

the price is right, thank you for sharing, how much Ram?????

@farmbot  The Umidigi F2 has some rave reviews and if found on sale is well worth the money. The A5 pro reg $175 but often on sale for $130 is a great value for the price but has some issues with the camera in low light. But has great battery life, fast charging, good sound quality and a sleek design with a large screen. The price on these phones are pretty amazing.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@farmbot  The F2 is the best phone Umidigi makes. Motto G7  and Nokia 7.2 are also very good choices.

Need Help? Let's chat.