cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Umidigi bison wifi hotspot not working

Gavin7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My dad has a umidigi bison with a public mobile sim in it and the wifi hotspot doesn’t work it will show up on other devices and you can connect to it but it won’t have any Internet on it I have an iPhone 8 with public mobile sim and my wifi hotspot works any idea what is wrong with the bison?

15 REPLIES 15

@noelcurrie 

Great! I'm happy to hear it's working!

noelcurrie

Thanks for the help.

I had tried 'dun', which didn't work because it was rejected on 'Save'.

I added the 'DUN' parameter in Caps and 'saved'. Hotspot still did not work!

Changed APN Protocols to IVP4/IPv6 and the Preferred Network to 4G. 

Suddenly, it worked!! WiFi Hotspot and 'tethering'.

I am surprised that the PM tech group has not updated their APN settings info.

I think it is pretty poor they are telling customers that their phone is 'not compatible', when it clearly IS if you have the right settings.

Love the BISON (except for Zello!! I disabled the app without any apparent consequences.)

As mentioned in a different thread, I have a 2021 Bison and hotspot works for me.

These are my APN settings: 

bison apn 1.jpegbison apn 2.jpegbison apn 3.jpeg

@noelcurrie 

You have to add DUN not dun....or your done!🤣🤣🤣

Lol...sorry I couldn't resist that last play on words.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@noelcurrie 

i think that brand device need to backup and Factory Reset, to be working fine.

How to Factory Reset UMIDIGI.

noelcurrie

Tried that, but when I tried to 'Save', the message came back 'Carrier does not permit 'dun' parameter'

noelcurrie

I have exactly the same problem!

The PM 'agent' I corresponded with says that the BISON is not compatible with their network.

BUT, it did work once or twice when I first set it up. I think that there are APN settings that need to be tweaked, but I don't know which ones or the parameters.

Noel

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gavin7 

I learned this information from my dear esteemed
( darlicious - Mayor )

can you Try these settings instead:

MMS proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port: 8799

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

MVNO type: GID

MVNO value: 4D4F

or try that one Here 

if not working if you can try instead that SIM card in your iphone device to you can try it if is working if is working is issue with device and you can try for factory reset settings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gavin7 : There are a couple little differences for some phones. Can you post screenshots of all the APN settings?

Gavin7
Spoiler
Also setup an apn that is what public mobile suggests exempt for a field that the phone doesn’t seem to have still didn’t work I think I’ll drop it for now as he doesn’t want to go through the hassle of resetting network defaults. Thanks for the help

Gavin7

Did the dun thing and it didn’t work. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gavin7 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  HERE 

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click HERE

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting HERE.

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

for wifi hotspot visit Here 

This is the APN settings on my umidigi F2.  I added dun in capital letters.  It's not case sensitive.  I did it so that I will remember what I changed.

Screenshot_20210727-091409.png

Gavin7

Okay I’ll try that 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Gavin7 , on some umidigi devices you need to include dun in the APN type field.  To to APN settings and add it.

Need Help? Let's chat.