cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA voice roaming not showing in add-ons list when should be active

scandens
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did the 2 step purchase game for USA voice, aded 200 min. LD  at same time, so total purchase of $16 + taxes.  Then went back and did the add-ons again, so funds available went up to $16 and now show as zero again,  while purchase history shows The $16+tax purchase was made. Now in my account the 200 min. LD add-on DOES show,  but there is no indication that the US roaming is active.  I have received no text messages indicating activation either.  I'm crossing border in a few hours,  voice access MUST be working in USA immediately,  but I have no way of knowing if it will be active.  What do I do?  This has got to be the most amateurish way to run a business I've ever seen!!

5 REPLIES 5

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@scandens  yeah the sweet spot for PM 5-7 days if i remember correctly depending on teh PM package,   if the addon doens't works you can always buy  it on the phone by calling 18554public once in the usa.

Pin number is created when you set up your accounts and it the way the mods authenticate you are the owner of the account.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@scandens, Hi there! If you got the 200 LD minutes, I am afraid that they won't work in the US. However, can you please send us a private message with your account information so we can check that for you? Thank you! 

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@scandens, Your PIN is set up in your account. You would have selected it when you registered.

scandens
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thanks for reply, yes you have it correct, and no change this morning in what shows under add-ones,  just the $8 LD purchase but not the $8 voice roaming, although both transactions show in history. And no confirmation of anything by text either.   So who knows, maybe it will work but maybe not?  The uncertainty is what is so unprofessional, one cannot rely on a phone service without clear communication of status. I will probably pick up a roam mobility sim from staples before we cross over today as a backup,  for trips less than a week it is also a better deal in terms of data allocation vs 10 day PM bundle which is short on data. 

Unrelated question,  but how does one know the 'pin' you refer to for on-the-phone purchases?  Did a search for it in community but not much came up?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

yeah it's pretty annoying.

just to understand: 

$8 for 200min LD  and $8 for usa talk.  the canada talk addon shows up  but the USA doesn't

but availablae balance shows 0 and 16 shows as being added and aso removed.

I think a mod will have to look into it for you in the morning.

If it was me and i needed USA addon I would call 611 or 18554pubic (when in the USA) and repurchase the usa addon.   (you need your pin number and a cc neeeds to be on file).  The mods should credit your availabale balance the missing $8

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.