cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA Usage

Wizengamot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you look at the attachment you will see the advertisement that Public Mobile uses for enticing users to join.  I did that.  I have a question on the USA usage that is listed there.  It says that the data is within the Canada and US.  I want to confirm that if my location is within Canada OR the USA that I can use that data without additional cost.  Also, the next statement is Unlimited Canada and US wide minutes and messaging.  I take that to mean that the use of the phone portion of the plan where I dial a number or receive a call on my cellular number while in the USA, that this service is included for the listed charge per month of $40.  This is certainly the interpretation that I think it intended, but given the parent company, My need to confirm this is understandable.
publicmobile.PNG

6 REPLIES 6

Wizengamot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for this solution.  This answer checks all the boxes for what I was asking and even a bunch that I wasn't asking which is awesomeness in action.  No extra charges was the key here but you even told me how to ensure I am successfull with the configuration for the USA as well.  Please accept my heartfelt thanks for this.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Wizengamot  While the plan covers both the US and Canada one difference is that the USA has shut down their 3G networks while Canada still has 3G.  This means that if your phone is not VoLTE capable and enabled by PM your voice calls in the USA would be limited to T-Mobile's 2G network where available.  Data and texting would still work however.  So if you don't have a VoLTE phone you might want to look at free voip apps like TextNow or Fongo which you can use as alternate phone numbers on your PM data or wifi.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Wizengamot 

you will get full data/text/voice service while you US , just like you are in Canda

For voice call, you can call from US to US and Canada as well as from Canada to US and Canada

Neil11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PM partners with T-mobile and AT&T in US, so jus connect with them

Neil11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You're still roaming when you're in the US, but it's included in your plan so there are no extra charges. You can make calls, text and use data at no extra charges. You'll want to:

1) Turn Data Roaming ON

2) Set Network Selection to AUTOMATIC

3) Set Preferred Network to 4G/LTE (because roaming on AT&T 5G doesn't work)

6227C1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I, too, share this question. I just switched to the $34/50GB plan but didn't have time to research it properly because I need to go down south tomorrow. I was going to purchase the add-on, but decided to check out what's new and found these plans that I had never seen before. Thanks for asking this and I look forward to any good answers that clarify this.

Need Help? Let's chat.