cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA Roaming.

cprasad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am sitting at home in Canada and my phone keeps telling me, Welcome to the USA.  I am trying to make my work calls and it is saying I don't have roaming minutes.  This was only happening before when I was close to the USA border but still in Canada, but now I can't even use my phone at home.  This is very annoying.  My is this happening. Has there been a change in cell towers in my area?  I live near Sarnia, ON.   Help!!! or I will have not choice but to change carriers as I can't get my work done.

Chantal 

3 REPLIES 3

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Go to the networks and turn off automatic and find Public (or Telus) and select it. You're right next to the border. The towers over there are probably closer or more powerful than your local towers.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cprasad  

this could be a recording came by error. But when you hear that, check the My Account to confirm if the account status is Active.  

Also, reboot the phone to see if the message still come when you make calls

if issues persist, open ticket with support by messaging that:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@cprasad  Call 611 is your phone active or suspended , this can be a indication . You need to make payment 

Need Help? Let's chat.