cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming

Ldinn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My husband and I are travelling to the US. He is leaving earlier than me. Can we call each other between US and Canada using our free international calling minutes.  Do either of us need to purchase a roaming package.  

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ldinn 

You can both use a free Wifi app TextNow or Fongo but both will need to pick a new number on these apps.

Or both of you can download WhatsApp and use your PM number.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Your spouse will need one but you won't initially, but once you meet up with him later on you'll need one too if you want regular use of your phone.

How long are you going? If more than 10 days may be more cost effective to get a VoIP app as suggested or get a local prepaid sim option 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Ldinn hi you need a US add on if you are in the US to call back to Canada you can call your husband husband in the US  to his Public phone if he has the add on 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ldinn   You need a roaming package to keep using your number and service when you are in US

So, assuming your husband starts the trip earlier.  He will need to get the US Roaming Talk service to call home.  When he has the service, you in Canada can then call his regular number and he will get your call

For free option, try to setup VoIP app like TextNow.  You get to call on using the app for free.  You just need Wifi (or Mobile Data) to use the app.  So, if your husband connect to free Wifi there, you two can call each other

Need Help? Let's chat.