cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming

Nadinka
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have US roaming add on on my phone, but still can't place calls - system tells me I do not have one. What do I do?

18 REPLIES 18

@Nadinka

That is unfortunate.  When the moderators do get hold of you, ask for a credit to your account.  Moderators have been busy and taking 1-2 days to get back to customers.

Nadinka

Moderators are not getting back to me. I am almost done with my visit and still not able to call or receive calls. I guess feature is not working and not worth paying for, just a waste of money....

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As a temporary solution and if you need to call right away and have data/wifi, you can download a VOIP app called Talkatone. You'll need to register for a free number but after you do, you'll be able to call throughout US and Canada for free. That should bide you over until the moderators can assist with your roaming issue.

Nadinka

thank you! trying this now

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nadinka, have you sent a private message to the moderator team?  If the problem is at the system level, they can get this resolved for you.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Nadinka

Still having problems with it. It shows in the list of add-ons, but no one can call me and I can't call anyone

Nadinka

yes, I did go through both steps and add-on shows in my account (0 minutes used at the moment)

Nadinka

yes, I tried restarting phone and yes, I have +1 in front of the number. Plus no one is able to call me, goes straight to voice mail

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Have you tried restarting your phone? Are you dialing a +1 in front of the 416 number?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Anyway, this is the two step process we are talking about.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/td-p/198974

If the add on has been purchased properly, try rebooting the phone.

Nadinka

I am calling 416 number, still no lack

Nadinka

I did, still doesn't work

Nadinka

Yes, it shows in my add-ons as 0 minutes used. I try calling 416 number and get "call can not be completed because your service does not include roaming add on, check your public mobile account"

I do have roaming turned on and data roaming (separate add on) is working just fine

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Let us know if you got it up and running OP.

cappaj

@Anonymous wrote:

@Nadinka, Did you check that the add-on shows up in your account?  Did you go through the 2 step process to buy an add-on?

Is this the 2-step process you're talking about?

"Purchasing an Add-On? Be sure to: 
1. Add funds to your account, if you don`t have sufficient funds  2. Go back to the Add-Ons page and select your Add-On."

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Nadinka wrote:

I have US roaming add on on my phone, but still can't place calls - system tells me I do not have one. What do I do?

When you made the purchase do you do the two step process?  If it isn't working you should check your self-serve and see if the amount of your addon is still sitting in Available Funds.  If it is you will need to go back in and re-purchse the addon.  If you have done all of this you can try to manually select  AT&T or T~Mobile as your network.  Also make sure roaming is turned on in your phone settings.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

cappaj

@Nadinka wrote:

Just to troublechoot - these conditions are listed in a footnote when I look at adding a US Roaming Add-On:

"US Roaming Talk Add-Ons require a Talk plan. Calls made to numbers starting with the following six-digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726"

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nadinka, Did you check that the add-on shows up in your account?  Did you go through the 2 step process to buy an add-on?

Need Help? Let's chat.