cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch plan

S12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently using $40 plan and want to switch to a plan where there is only calling facility $20. 

I want to know the procedure to switch

7 REPLIES 7

Folks, the issue here is clear, the original poster is attempting to change a currently expired service plan, to a cheaper plan.  Unfortunately, Public Mobile doesn't allow for this to happen while a phone number is not active.

The instructions have been listed already for the OP to contact the moderators for assistance.  There is a backlog on issues right now, so the wait will be awhile.

Yes, the instructions you're giving are the correct process, *IF* the phone line is still active.  Unfortunately, some folks don't know ahead of time that future dating the change is the easiest way to do this.

vstamp1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You need to log into your account and then under Account Status click on Change Plan.

You then will be given a choice to change your current plan now or at your next reset date after you select the $20Talk Only plan.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This should be a straightforward fix for you OP, once the moderators get around to it. 

@S12

Just be patient with moderator response in the last week.  Moderators have been extremely busy due to the various promotions and issues.  Typically taking 1-2 days for things to be resolved unfortunately.  

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@S12 wrote:

My initial plan got expired as of yesterday, what is the procedure to activate my $20 plan

@S12

Plan changes on an expired account can only be done by a moderator.

In this case, click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance. Include your account # or phone number, e-mail address and PIN, along with the details of the plan you want.
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

S12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My initial plan got expired as of yesterday, what is the procedure to activate my $20 plan

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

To change plans, you can log into your self-serve account and go to:
Plan & Add-ons -> Change Plan

After choosing the plan you want, select the option "Change on next renewal date."  That's how you future-date a plan change so you won't lose any service time that remains on your current plan.  You can use this future-dating option to lock in any promo that's currently offered by PM, as long as you do the future-dating operation before the promo expires.

If you can't wait to change plan and you don't mind losing the remaining time, then select "Change plan now."

Need Help? Let's chat.