cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming *plan* (not add-on) is not showing on my plan anymore

slidebite
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Back in the summer I changed my plan to what was being offered at the time - 8.5 GB Canada data, unlimited US/Canada talking  (including US roaming to Canada) and 2GB US roaming data for $60.

Now when I look at my plan, it still shows the $60 for 30 days, but no mention of the US roaming calls/data. I did go to the US in September and it worked fine but I have not been since. I don't want to go in the US and find out after I am there my phone isn't working. Is this normal? See screen snip below.roam.JPG

10 REPLIES 10

@Triguy wrote:

The $60 plan with roaming is no longer being offered.  You should submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

But @slidebite @should still have the plan if he got it when it was available. I too recall discussions that looking at this plan in Self Serve didn't make it completely clear that everything was in order for a trip to the US...but it worked.

AE_Collector

Just as I thought, everything is there they just won't name it for what it is so people get worried. I hope it works well when you get there.

While there some people reported having to switch to att from T-Mobile as in some areas their coverage is better and signal stronger. So don't forget you have both options, if it stalls or slows down, just toggle manually.

Have a safe trip

slidebite

To be clear, it does still show the 8.5 GB of data and the 2GB of data as seperate entries for my data.

Either way, I received a reply to my ticket. Thanks for the help folks.

On our side shows that you have unlimited talk and text while Roaming in the US. If you will travel to US, don't forget to select T-Mobile network. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

That 2g should be USA data

If you have nothing else, means you used it up

What phone are you using?

Check your data usage, change the date range to match your last renewal date. The difference between your usage on the phone and the counter in your self-serve should be very small, just done small background system stuff and your MMS. If your 8g counter is missing, that means public mobile counter clicked 8 gigs already. If your phone says different, something is wrong and contact moderators.

If your phone also says 8gigs, I would look at the data usage and restrict some apps, check that you are not boosting your WiFi signal with your data, or they you are not providing hotspot for neighborhood.

You can contact moderators to renew you early, but since you are already going south of the border and will not need Canadian data till you come back. You can also buy an add-on, it's 30 for 1g, not cheap but if you are careful and don't use it all up it will be rolling into future cycles

@slidebite wrote:

I do still show the 2gb data, yes, but nothing else. I'll contact a mod as recomended. Thanks for the help folks.

@slidebite  If it shows the 2GB data then you are on the correct $60.00 plan that includes the unlimited talk and text US Roaming option. No need to worry but if your want moderator verification then you should submit a ticket.

PMST.png

slidebite

I do still show the 2gb data, yes, but nothing else. I'll contact a mod as recomended. Thanks for the help folks.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Contact a moderator by clicking ?, bottom right, and following instructions. They should resolve this, likely within a day.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@slidebite wrote:

Back in the summer I changed my plan to what was being offered at the time - 8.5 GB Canada data, unlimited US/Canada talking  (including US roaming to Canada) and 2GB US roaming data for $60.

Now when I look at my plan, it still shows the $60 for 30 days, but no mention of the US roaming calls/data. I did go to the US in September and it worked fine but I have not been since. I don't want to go in the US and find out after I am there my phone isn't working. Is this normal? See screen snip below.roam.JPG

Does it say anything in the add-on section of your overview page about US data and roaming?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The $60 plan with roaming is no longer being offered.  You should submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

There was a discussion before where it doesn't show in that section

Do you see extra 2gigs in the overview section? That is apparently usa only data, but the website doesn't specify that.

You could contact moderators if it's not there, they should be able to fix it

Need Help? Let's chat.