cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming add-on

ritahart
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

bought a US roaming add-on as I'm in the states, now I can't call anyone or send a text, and I'm now not receiving texts or calls! and I CAN'T ACCESS MY VOICEMAIL!!!!!  it stopped me from doing exactly what I bought it for!!  HELP!!!

10 REPLIES 10

ritahart

Thanks but no, none of that us the case. I've already had a live chat and she found the network error, did a refresh , but it's still not fixed.  I've out in another ticket.  Thx anyway

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ritahart - if your plan went past a renewal without available funds (or autopay) to renew your plan, that would be an issue.

So, if your plan is in nonpay/suspended status, you will need to get funds added manually to get it reactivated, but then the issue with the addon should be dealt with CSA.

Maybe have a look at what kinds of networks your phone is set to. Maybe for some strange reason it switched to GSM only. Set it to LTE or 4G or others in a list.

ritahart

hi, yes thanks. it should be. but its not. its like I'm completely locked out of any and all mobile networks. I've submitted a ticket.. hopefully they can fix this!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If you did both steps of the add on process (which it sounds like you did) it should just be a matter of connecting to the best network available in your area.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Your phone would have setting options to select a network. It might be on automatic which should be fine. But it might be preferable to manually connect to T-Mobile. Did you get the welcome to US text?

Maybe also restart the phone.

If you bought roaming data then it would show under my data & add-ons. Talk and text show on the plan details page. The payment history list would also show the add-ons purchased.

Many people are confused with the add-on purchasing so I'm just trying to nail down what you have.

Is your account currently active?

@ritahart   On your phone, there is a Network select screen and you can choose manually AT&T or T-Mobile

On some Android, it is under Connection->Mobile Network->Network Operator

What kind of phone is yours?  We can give you more specific steps

ritahart

I have no idea if I can connect to t-mobile... what do I do??

ritahart

not a re-purchase. abd it shows up as purchased, paid for and added on.  I'm absolutely screwed if I can't at least send and receive texts and access my voice-mail!!  how do I start a ticket or whatever its calledto get personal help?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Was this a re-purchase? Or the first one you've bought?

Do you still see the amount in your balance?

Look in the plan details page for any roaming add-ons.

You should be able to receive texts.

Can you connect to T-Mobile?

Need Help? Let's chat.