Did you mean: 

Activate my phone

fergusonoswell7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

the phone doesn't ring when someone call me

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@fergusonoswell7 - i will presume you just activated with a ported over number. Otherwise, please let us know.

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fergusonoswell7   if you can make outgoing calls without problem, try to reseat your SIM (power down, take sim out for a minute and then put it back and power up)

if still fails, try to change your Preferred Network to 3G Only

If you have another phone, try to put the sim card there and see if it works.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@fergusonoswell7 What about calling out to someone or sending and receiving text messages? Did you recently activate a line with Public Mobile? If yes, Did you request to port in your number during activation? How did that go?

Need Help? Let's chat.