cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming add on

perplexed
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After my first 10 day add on expired, I added funds, tried to purchase another 10 days got the message "Success, purchase completed". I downloaded the receipt, but no funds were used and no add on was added to my account. I tried using a different browser with the same result. Any suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11

perplexed

I have been trying to buy talk and text with no success, but it just allowed me to buy talk text and data. It's like they're forcing me to spend an extra $5.

HI @perplexed   still not working?

did you try to clear cache and relaunch the browser?

or tried to use Incognito mode to buy?

If still cannot buy, open ticket with PM CS Agent and ask them to manually buy for you

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

perplexed

Had no problems with the talk and text add on.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Hi @perplexed , curious how the roaming add on worked for you the first 10 days?

There's a long-standing ridiculous glitch around re-buying roaming add-ons. It may have morphed into a new ridiculousness with the new system back in July.

The glitch is that you have to wait another 24 hours to buy the same add-on. Or ask support to do it for you. There's a workaround of buying a different add-on after the 240 hours. This is important for talk. For data, you could buy other buckets of roaming data while one is active. But you still had to wait the other 24 hours to re-buy the same one.

After all this time you certainly need to contact support. If the balance never reduced and after the little refreshing icons you don't see any roaming add-ons then clearly it's messed up.

I'm kind of wondering if there's a whole new glitch of not being able to re-buy add-ons at all. But I'm not sure I've heard these clear purchasing facts from other customers.

perplexed

I waited until after the first 10 day add on expired, then have been trying for 2 days to buy another 10 day add on. Always with the same result, "success, payment complete", and have downloaded the receipt, but then no money taken from available funds and no add on.

So you did not attempt to buy any roaming add-on for 48 hours after the last one expired? And now purchasing isn't working? Did you click on the little spinner refresh icons lower down or use private mode to make sure you're seeing updated information

perplexed

48 hours

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@perplexedas mentioned above there is a 24 hr wait period to re purchase the same addon.. has 24 hrs passed by since the last one expired?

perplexed

Have tried multiple times, get the same result, "success, purchase complete" download receipt etc.. But when I go back to my account, no funds have been withdrawn and no add on in my account.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It sounds like you tried to buy the same add-on before another 24 hours had passed. You could choose to wait until you think the 24 hours has passed and use the funds in your account. Or contact support to have them re-buy the add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.