cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming add-on - data not working

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I purchased the US roaming 15 day data talk text pack. Texts are coming through but data is not working. Any idea why? I'm in Fargo ND & it didn't work in Grand Forks ND either. It shows the roaming data in my add-ons. And I have 4 bars with the R beside it. 

5 REPLIES 5

bluejaywpg

It's worth noting as well that someone called me this evening too. They couldn't hear me but I heard them. They called back later & it worked fine.

bluejaywpg

This is weird. I could've sworn I already checked the data roaming setting & seen that it was on. Then I checked again & it was off. So I turned it on & it worked. 

Thanks @will13am & anyone else who suggested that. 

This is my 1st time road tripping in the USA since before the pandemic, with my current phone, & also since joining PM. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bluejaywpg While roaming text can work on 4G network, which it works in your case, Roaming Talk needs T-Mobile 2G network.   

Try changing  your Preferred network type or Network mode to 2G and see if the phone connects.  If it connects, your voice calls should work.  If not, try again in another area in the city.  Getting the old 2G network can  be tricky

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@bluejaywpg , please check that you are connected to T-Mobile and roaming data is turned on.  For calling you will need to be in an area where T-Mobile has 2G coverage.  All 3G network in the US has been shutdown for some time.  

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is your data roaming turned on on your device?

Need Help? Let's chat.