cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US data roaming add on with a $15 plan

felicity
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I’m travelling to the US next month so I won’t need to use my full Canadian plan (I’m currently on the $40 plan but I won’t use that much). Can I change to the lowest ($15) plan for next month and then still purchase the 1GB data add ons for US roaming?

8 REPLIES 8

@felicity wrote:

I’ll be in the US for more than a week so I’m hoping to purchase extra add-ons when they run out (my last trip I purchased a few... I use a lot more data travelling than when at home)

No guarantees but I recall that you cannot "renew" the same US add-on on the day it stops working. You must wait 24 hours before doing so. Robot Frustrated

Since you need more than a week, a local SIM may be better value.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@felicity wrote:

I’ll be in the US for more than a week so I’m hoping to purchase extra add-ons when they run out (my last trip I purchased a few... I use a lot more data travelling than when at home)

@felicity  You must be missing the loss of the $60 US plan. Remember there is a day lag when repurchasing an add on. Perhaps you should consider a US sim/plan. They are cheaper and even handier to use if you have a dual SIM phone. Regardless if you visit in a regular basis it would be useful to have US number and plan that can be cheap to maintain ala pm style.

@felicity wrote:

You can only purchase one of each U.S. roaming add-on at a time.  Also, they expire within 10 days of purchase.

felicity

GR
Mayor / Maire

@felicity yes you can add it to any plan! 

felicity

Thanks, I’ve used the US roaming add-on before, I just wasn’t sure if I could add it to the lowest plan.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@felicity yes you can  but the add on will only be for 10 days so if your only going to the US for a week or so you'll still be in Canada for 3 weeks or so with not much data

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@felicity wrote:

Hi, I’m travelling to the US next month so I won’t need to use my full Canadian plan (I’m currently on the $40 plan but I won’t use that much). Can I change to the lowest ($15) plan for next month and then still purchase the 1GB data add ons for US roaming?

@felicity  Absolutely...schedule it to change on your next renewal. Then add enough funds to your account for the US roaming add ons you plan to purchase and then purchase them on the day you plan to arrive in the US. They start immeadiately so do not purchase them until then.

Need Help? Let's chat.