cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US cell/text/ data service

rogercrewe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Follow up to my previous concern. Found out my Public Mobile plan no longer works in US. Need service for three weeks. Wondering what my best option is. Can I purchase new SIM card and use in my phone while here and replace my PB SIM card when I get back to Canada? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

YYCroof

Mint Mobile sims are $2 at Target and give you a week of 250MB and 100 minutes of phone and 100 text.

If you go the mint mobile e-sim method you can have multiple free trials running simultaneously if you want to be really frugal. Just keep clearing the app data on the mint mobile app and use multiple Gmail accounts or do the "." trick with your gmail account to get multiple logins. example you own all variations of your username with multiple periods: variamy.name@gmail.com, m.yname@gmail.com, mynam.e@gmail.com, etc

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

One option is to get a local sim and a cheap US plan. Remove your PM sim and install the other one. Check at walmart for their options.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Yes, you can get US temporary SIM while in US. Make sure you pay PM bill or your account will be suspended. Not a big deal - you can re-activate it after return. Do not leave suspended beyond 90 days as after that your PM account will be deleted.

Logan2021

Check out T-mobile and mint mobile in the states. I used it while there and maintained my PB account. However you'll still need to pay for the PB account to maintain it (I switched out my PB sim for the other sim card).

Need Help? Let's chat.