cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming

robinraman2002
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

As i live so close to the border, I make frequent trips to US.

What kind of plan will suit me the best ??

I would say at least 10-12 trips a month to US.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@dna2016 wrote:

@robinraman2002 looks like you missed out from a nice promo plan that was offering US voice and data roaming.  I think it was a $50 or $60 plan that provided a good amount of roaming data and unlimited roaming calls.  I'm not sure how it did in terms of sales, but I'm sure they'll offer it again in the future if it did well.  But unfortunately for now there are no standard plans that offer roaming, you'll just have to keep buying the add-ons for when you need them.  Or go to a provider that offers roaming on their standard plans, which I don't think there are many.

There hasn't been a $50 plan that included roaming. It was a plan that was advertised at $60 that included talk, text, and data while roaming.  It hasn't been back since, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to come back.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@robinraman2002 looks like you missed out from a nice promo plan that was offering US voice and data roaming.  I think it was a $50 or $60 plan that provided a good amount of roaming data and unlimited roaming calls.  I'm not sure how it did in terms of sales, but I'm sure they'll offer it again in the future if it did well.  But unfortunately for now there are no standard plans that offer roaming, you'll just have to keep buying the add-ons for when you need them.  Or go to a provider that offers roaming on their standard plans, which I don't think there are many.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@robinraman2002 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Another alternative is to get a US sim card and a cheapo plan.

Yup that's the one I would probably do

FreedomPop will give you free 500 mb on cmda network (200 on gsm you have to chose at the beginning, Sprint or T-Mobile/att), 500 texts and 200 mins.

BUT you have to know how to hold your horses and keep under otherwise you get bumped automatically to one of the prepaid plans. So if you see you need more, and you are happy with what they give you, then 1yr commitment for $10 monthly with 2gigs if data is pretty affordable. And if you're not happy, cancel and find something else, there are lots

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@robinraman2002 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Another alternative is to get a US sim card and a cheapo plan.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Do you have access to usa credit card and/or address in usa?

I highly suggest textNow, it's a Canadian company, here you can use it free with your public mobile data, but across they can send you their sim, a great option of you have 2 sim phone.

unlimited talk and text for 10usd, unlimited data talk and text for 40, and everything else in between, they don't charge roaming extra you can pick Canadian number

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@robinraman2002 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Public Mobile only has the 10 Day US Roaming talk/text/data options currently.

Maybe try a voip app like TextNow. Works good as long as you have a robust wifi signal and there's wifi everywhere nowadays.

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle
Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk Only
Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Text Only
Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Only add-ons are for USA

Checkout FreedomPop

Need Help? Let's chat.